Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

It's Raining Ists!!!!!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Asmodeous, Jun 10, 2005.

1. Asmodeous

Asmodeous IncGamers Member

It's Raining Ists!!!!!

Well, I know that we cannot do any rune trading here. After a long time of doing hundreds, even thousands of countess runs and over a dozen hell forge quest rewards, I had managed to accumilate a number of decent runes. But after some thought and planning, I decided to erm, do something with them where they basically leave my possession and become somebody elses. :p

Anyway, I had probably traded too much of my runes away, as the highest rune I had left was a solitary Pul rune so I have no stocks for upgrades, or socketing.
    No real problem I thought, a few countess runs will surely net a Ko, Pul or even a Um rune, just to keep in stock ready for a socket or item upgrade.

So, every now and then, when ever I have a hour or so to spare, I get a handful of countess runs in.
    There I was, munching on my breakfast this morning, running my Forb/Meteor sorceress thru the countess, picking up the runes as they drop.
    El, Ith, Thul, Eth, Tal, Ist, Nef, El....

Wait a minute. Ist?

An Ist! On the 7th run of the morning! I had only done approx 150 runs in total since trading my runes about a month ago.
    This makes my third Ist from the countess! Woohoo!!!!!! :winner:

I took 5 minutes out as I basked in my my glory. It had been several months since my last countess Ist, so the timing felt about right.
    After I had finished breakfast, I cleared out my plate. Hmmm. A few more minutes left before I have to go to work. Another few runs, I might actually find the runes that I really wanted. You never know.

So, back into the countess I go. The second run drops a very funny drop; Ral, Ort and Tal. Ancients pldege. Hehe.

The fourth run is another rare combo. A four rune drop. Quite rare from the countess. 2 x Eth, a ral and a Ist. Nice to get four runes all at once!

It was just about time to head for wor...... Wait a minute. Was that another Ist???

No, it can't be! I just found one! I must have dropped it somehow. No. There is another Ist in the stash!

TWO ISTS IN ONE MORNING! FOUR RUNS APART!!!!!!

Omg!!!!!!

Holy crap!

What is the chance of that?

So now im the proud owner of two Ist runes and One Pul.

Hmmm. Guess Ill have to keep on doing countess runs untill I get some Hel's, Ko's, Pul's and a Um even.

Can you believe the luck??? I can't!

2. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus IncGamers Member

Keep going ... call in sick for work ... keep going until the luck runs out.

3. PinkeyandtheBrain

PinkeyandtheBrain Banned

DITTO you are now officially sick for work :D

4. bill_n_opus

Yeah, I mean honestly. Last time I checked an Ist off Hell Countess is something like 1:1150 ... so getting two Ists in short order is really beating the odds.

Congrats (jealous!) Asmodeous.

5. Liliel

Liliel IncGamers Member

We can't trade runes here, but might you be interested in some Ali Babas?

That's pretty awesome, man. Best rune I've ever gotten from Countess is... a Mal, I think. Or the rune before that.

6. maxgerin

maxgerin IncGamers Member

I can't believe this!
    The Countess is really angry with me!
    The last time I tried oing Countess runs it took me 400+ runs, IIRC, for her to drop one stinking Ist... :(

That is pure luck Asmodeous, and don't leave it. Don't go to work as suggested. Ist is worth more than a day's wage... :p Unless you have to feed a family, then I guess you have to leave that incredible luck for now.

--maxgerin

7. AlterEgo

AlterEgo IncGamers Member

Great write-up! :thumbsup: Couldn't have happened to a better guy!

8. Sir Lister of Smeg

Sir Lister of Smeg IncGamers Member

As said before, leave the work, and hunt runes instead.
    I did also at some point get more Ists, than normally according to the odds (2 in 200(?) runs, but what you got is really amazing.

9. Asmodeous

Thanks for the congrats everybody!

I have heard the odds of getting an Ist from the countess before, and it makes me wonder if the odds are per countess death, or per rune generated.

The amount of runes the countess drops varies. sometimes only 1, and sometimes up to 4. I did a analysis of 4 hours worth of rune runs from the countess and I averaged around 2.1 runes per run.

The reason I question it is because as this makes 4 Ist's from the countess for me, then statistically that means that I have done 4,600 countess runs.
    There is no way I believe that I have done that many runs, so either Im very lucky when it comes to countess runs, or the chance for a Ist runes is per rune generation, so 1:1150 at 2.1 average runes per run = an actual average of 1:547. So, 4 Ists is about 2188 runs which might be closer to the actual runs I have done of the countess over the years.

I dunno. Who is to say how many countess runs I have done?

Liliel I don't need any more ali babba's thanks all the same. Could I interest you in some? cheaper if you buy in bulk! Special price for 5+!!! :D
    I use a full tals set soser for my countess runs. Her magic find isn't great, only about 250% or so. Her task really is for just countess runs where as my cheesydin is my main mf (baal) runner.

10. Sir Lister of Smeg

Sir Lister of Smeg IncGamers Member

Sometimes she also drops no runes at all. I don't know whether the odds are per rune or per kill.

11. Asmodeous

True. Ive noticed a few no rune drops. Its pretty rare, probably 1:100 or so. I might e-mail rtb about the rune drop chance subject with the countess.

12. bill_n_opus

I think RTB/Thrugg mentioned that the no-drop chance for Countess Hell on players1 is something like ~ 2.3%.

13. Warrior of Light

Warrior of Light IncGamers Member

Hell Countess select items from "Countess Rune (H)" TC and from "Countess Item (H)" TC. In players 1 mode she has 1/9 chance for no drop from her rune TC, and (19/48)^5 chance for no drop from her item TC (~0.972%).

P.S.: Countess generate fom 0 up to 6 runes per death.

14. jjscud

jjscud IncGamers Member

I believe that ATMA's drop calc gives you drop chances per death, not rune drop, so it 1:1150 is basically correct. Also, countess drops 0 - 4 runes per death plus can generate one rune from her normal drop, but there are at most 4 from her special rune drop.

You must all now thank me for helping to keep the numbers statistically correct. I've got one Ist in around 2400 countess runs.

15. SideShowBob

SideShowBob IncGamers Member

Go go, Asmo. Run her till she drops... er, till you drop! ;)

16. Asmodeous

A lot of the roonz I traded came from three sources.

Countess runs, Hell forge quests from about 14 characters to mat/patriarch and the very rare random find!

Off the top of my head, 4 Ist's from countess, 2 from hell forge and 1 Gul.

But, as well as these highlight finds, there was also all the other runes gained from the hell forge quests, ancients pledge quest rewards and other rune drops from the countess. I collected them all and cubed them up.

I guess I should have kept a track of all the Mal's, Um's and Pul's etc I found from countess/hell forge/random, but it was obviously enough to cube up to the runes I traded and the other runes that I used.

17. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

Nice runes! I found myself in a similar situation with my (now deceased) HC thrower Pally. I found an Ist after about 150 countess runs, decided I needed to make Delerium for my merc, and had to do another 150 runs before I managed to find a damn Lem!

18. bill_n_opus

Hey, how's your Delerium working out? When I tried it it was awesome! Unfortunately, that was "back in the day" so I don't have one now and won't make one until I have a ton of high runes just sitting around doin' nothin'.