Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Its... all... gone....

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by kryo, Apr 2, 2004.

1. kryo

kryo IncGamers Member

Its... all... gone....

All of it.. gone.

Me and a friend were muling in a private game, just like normal. He finished up and decided to get his rune/gem mules to crunch some lower ones up. I figured I'd mule over a few things to start my old hammerdin back up.

While he's changing accounts, he gets tagged. No biggie, he hadn't dropped anything at that point so he went off to play something else meanwhile.

The game had been open for a good 20 minutes, so I figured I would go ahead and finish with my muling.

I went through a few charatcters, grabbing anything that might be useful to my hammerdin: Ravenfrost and Dwarf star (absorb), a plain shako that I found last week, my Sorcy's upped 34 res vipermagi, a pair of Frosties and Magefists, an upgraded goldwrap, and, most of all, my prized possesion, my only anni (11/16, not great, but it's my only one :( ).

I log off that account and get ready to get back on the one with my hammerdin.

While connecting to bnet, my isp lags out.

I cancel the popup box, and try again.

The dreaded message then reared its head:
    "CANNOT CONNECT TO BATTLE.NET"

I frantically try again and again, while desarately asking on IRC if anyone has D2. One person does, but he uninstalled it.

I open up the forums here, and check the active user lists to see if anyone I've traded with recently is on. No luck.

Finally I'm able to get back in.

"GAME NOT FOUND"

Five minutes had passed. My items were gone... forever.

The raven and dwarf star I wasn't worried about. I had found them recently, and already had one of each, and the raven (16 dex, dont remember the AR) was not as good as the one I already had (20 dex 240 AR).

Goldwrap... meh. I have piles of them, and it only takes low runes to upgrade for more slots...

The frosties? No big deal, I have a couple spares of those. The magefists, though, were my only ones...

Even the shako, as much as a blow as it was to lose given my lack of Diabloish wealth, well, I still have my old one which had lower defense but is socketed.

The vipermagi... my first ever upgraded exceptional->elite armor... without it my sorc will probably die during teleports now... :( At least I recently came across another Ko, and I think I have a Lem (probably a Lum though knowing my luck)... I just have to find another good viper...

My anni, sweet anni. My one and only, bought from dop_obo after slaying Dclone for the first (and probably only, knowing my luck) time but having my anni snatched away by a evil, uncontributing barbarian...

It's all gone :(

On the off chance that anybody needs pgems.. as you can see I'm now in the market to buy a good Vipermagi and a low anni on West Ladder... please.... :(

2. 0blique

0blique IncGamers Member

Ouch, that's pretty bad. I don't even have that much stuff on all my guys. Well, I guess the lesson is to only mule a couple of items at a time.

If I was on west, I might have some stuff, but I'm on east. Keep trying though.

3. DarK_EnforceR

DarK_EnforceR IncGamers Member

Hey dude sorry to hear but as the previous post said, lesson learned. I never mule alone no matter what i always have friends that do it for me or i wait until one comes on. Next point do not drop your treasured items ont he floor always have u mate pick them up or hold them, becuase there are so many rollback on the game and drops, due to hacking and such... who knows what could happen.

By the way i am on Uswest and i have tons of mules full of crap if u ever need some give me a hola and i will see what i can do free of charge!

4. unseenSNIPER

unseenSNIPER IncGamers Member

I lost an anni that way also. 15/15/8

5. [wnl]CoffinDodger

[wnl]CoffinDodger IncGamers Member

That sucks but thats what happens when you drop stuff, if you cant afford to loose it dont ever let it hit the floor is my rule. Are you on west did i read ? I dont have alot of gear but i definatly have some magefist you can have, maybe a couple more bits. *d34d

a hard lesson learned.

6. [wnl]CoffinDodger

[wnl]CoffinDodger IncGamers Member

k srap that, i'm not ladder sorry, thought that counts though huh :idea:

7. funnelweb2

funnelweb2 IncGamers Member

When transferring Annihilus, you have no choice, you have to drop it.