Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Items worth looking for in 1.09 (or perhaps other versions)

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Greebo, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Greebo

Greebo IncGamers Member

Items worth looking for in 1.09 (or perhaps other versions)

So I'm about to install D2 on my new laptop, and it seems like a good time to try a different patch than 1.11b/1.12. I don't think that I want to do a lot of version switching nor do I want to HF rush in 1.09 and take rewards in 1.11 (I find that to cheesy). I also don't like the idea of finding crazy things in 1.10s (or 1.10a, I don't remember which one is 'beta') like +2 BKW or +11 BO Call to Arms. I think 'beta' means that it was a version meant for testing and that these things were nerfed later for a good reason. Don't get me wrong - I'm not criticizing others using those, I just don't feel like looking for them myself.

Having said that, the "Crystal Sword (TC 12)" position in Flavie is irritating me a bit, so I decided to at least farm Normal Meph in 1.09 with some blizz sorceress or something. Whilst I'm there, I also thought it might be a nice idea to pick up a 1.09 Ravenclaw.

The question I have is: besides Azurewrath and Ravenclaw, is there anything else worth finding in 1.09 (which I'm going to move to 1.11 afterwards), or, for that matter, 1.07/1.10(not-beta)?

--Greebo
    PS. I thought about putting that in the 'Questions Thread', but reasoned it might warrant its own thread. In case I'm wrong - my apologies.

2. NagisaFurukawa

NagisaFurukawa IncGamers Member

Re: Items worth looking for in 1.09 (or perhaps other versions)

Among other things...

1.07 has some hax charms/ethereal items/uniques/crafts/etc... There's a 1.07 guide around here somewhere that should be lots of help.

1.08 has the 35 Dexterity Windforce and 30 FRW Highlord's. Don't bother really.

1.10a has the +2 BKWB (and Nosferatu's?).

1.10s has the hax runewords (so does 1.10a, but some of them [read: CTA] don't carry over to future patches if made in 1.10a). Hax runewords include Delirium, Bramble, Crescent Moon, and Call to Arms.

The Questions Thread got closed if I recall correctly, as it got misused.

3. purplelocust

purplelocust IncGamers Member