Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Items for gold?

Discussion in 'Classic' started by Zelator, May 12, 2008.

1. Zelator

Zelator IncGamers Member

Items for gold?

Hiho folks, I'm pretty new to classic, so I have a question.

I played with a dude who bought full sigon set for gold, is this just sh*it talk, or actually possible? If it is, could some of you post what items that are avelible (<--dunno how this is spelled..) and for what amount of gold?

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

2. Razputin

Razputin IncGamers Member

Re: Items for gold?

Yep, you can indeed buy a lot of useful low-middle items for gold. Sigons is not rare so would be pretty cheap. If you were to make a game on hell difficulty advertising the fact you could get any of the sigons bits for 100-300k gold i would think.

A lot of better items can be had as well, angelic rings cost a few hundred k, angelic amulet a bit more. Irathas parts your talking half a million each depending on luck. Death sash and gloves are uncommon but can be had for under a million a piece normmally. All the rest of the set items should cost you less than half a million, in most cases MUCH less.

Usefull uniques like twitch, boneflesh, rattlecage, hawkmail, shard, goldwrap, chance guards, magefist, frostburn, bloodfist, bladebuckle, eye of walless, swordback etc can all be had for between 1/2 and 1 million.

If you take note to pick up ALL wands, staves, sceptors, jewllery, armours you can quickly get loads of money.

3. Monzee

Monzee IncGamers Member

Keep in mind you can only trade your level x 10.000 gold (at least at higher levels) so a level 60 char can max have 600.000 gold in inventory. No items should be worth more than 500k excluding certain rare uniques

4. WarlockCC

WarlockCC Diablo Classic Moderator

Just to add to Razputin's great information.
    Sigons gloves, shield and helm are used the most(afaik) so those would be 300k or so, while the other parts would be more towards the 100k.

5. Lorg

Lorg IncGamers Member

Silks and goldskin all go for this category as well. Depends on seller though.

When i played more i sold silks/goldskin for 1.5 mil cause i hated bargaining, but usually one u can have one for 2-4 mil...

Imo almost all pieces need atleast 500k or so, because if going for lower like 100-200k its just faster to make travi run, than search for the item so many wont bother under 500k deals.

6. Zelator

Zelator IncGamers Member

Cool, thanks for the info.

You think I could get a shard for this:

Angelic ring
    80k gold <-- ^^
    Artic armor
    Clegclaws shield
    Sigon belt

Or maybe some iratha's pieces?

7. LouisLeGros

LouisLeGros IncGamers Member

I've found that just offering gold for an item isn't good enough. I've waited for hours for people to come to my gold for x item games, most of the people were expecting goldskin or were begging for items.

If you list a specific price then people will actually join you game with the item.
    I've gotten shards for 500k-700k and the same for twitchroe. I was probably over paying, but I'm always maxed on gold and don't have much to do with it.

8. Razputin

No. It's taht so much that is a bad deal in terms of value, it just that sigons belt, clegs shield, artic armour are all very specific items which people only need for very specific things. Hence you will never ever find someone who wants or needs all those items, it is just too specific.

Just start a game called 'N Shard O 700,000 gold' on hell. You will sooner or later get a seller.

If you do not have 700,000 then just go looking for wands, staves, armours, exceptional gloves/boots/belts/helms etc. If i apply myself i can easily find 1 million gold in an hour. Don't look for things you think are expensive, just pick up junk and go back to town and sell. All rares as well.

9. LouisLeGros

I agree 100% with razputin. Pick up every exceptional (normal, magic and rares) and items like wands (skill mods = lots of gold)

You need a higher level character to be able to hold all of that gold though.
    I've run into one problem though, everytime I offer gold in the trade window it only lets me put up ~550k.

10. Terraicarus

Terraicarus IncGamers Member

are you saying that your more than lvl 55 :undecided:?

Also, I'd sell my Sigon for gold. What do you think I'd get for the whole set?

11. LouisLeGros

yes I am level 78, but it will only let me offer some really strange number... it could just be the other person can't hold all the gold. I would assume that you would make room for all the gold that was being trade if you were trading for gold though.

and I have no idea how much sigon would go for in gold. I don't even bother picking it up

12. Zelator

Zelator IncGamers Member

:shocked: Full Iratha's free :shocked:

My sorc luuuv's it.

Anyways, for the whole set, you should be able to get a pretty high amount.... the dude I've spoken about bought the different pieces for 55k, 120k, etc.

13. LouisLeGros

55k and 120k are supposed to be high? I can get that in less then 10 minutes

14. Razputin

The problem is finding a buyer, if you make a game saying 'selling sigon here' or the like you would be waiting ages. Just keep an eye open for games saying they need x item. You see sigon games a fair bit, even on hell!

15. Lorg

Lorg IncGamers Member

The point is that it has to be fast money for the gamblers. Anyone can get 550k relatively fast but getting it vs 1 item (if you know where it is) is still faster than making your own run. Althought with proper eq you can get 300k on average 1 minute run so its just close that is is feasible to do the trade or not. Anything for 500k i concider charity towards the dudce who offers the gold as i would get the gold as fast myself. Therefore almost all trading start at 700k or so. Imo.

16. Razputin

There was just a game on EU SC ladder where someone was selling silks and gs for 500k a piece. No silks left when i arrived but i got myself 2 gs, one with nearly perfect defence for 1 million. I already have a goldskin and don't actually have any use for three but for such a price their shininess was irresistible!

17. Terraicarus

Terraicarus IncGamers Member

I just spent 100k on a bonesnap. Was that a fair amount or is the item actually rubbish?

18. Razputin

What % enhanced damage is it? Low ones are worthless. If you got a hugh one thats a decent trade, if it is a medium - low one then its about what you would expect. Generally speaking if offered thigns for that much money and you ar enot sure of there value, snap them up. There is no great loss if you buy the odd worthless thing without knowing!

19. Zelator

Zelator IncGamers Member

Hmm, I need a snap.

EuSCL? ;)

Anyways, I think it was a good trade anyways, snap is a great weapon for a WW'er.

They're popular among the LLD'ers, aight?

20. Razputin

I think there are probably lances around that are far better than snap for lld. Having said my first and only lld character was a chargdin using bonesnap.