Items are worthless?

Noobian

Diabloii.Net Member
Hello,

I've just started playing Diablo 2 on Battle Net a few days ago. Previously, I played on Single Player many years ago.

On the Ladder, within only 2 days I was able to craft an Enigma mainly by asking for free stuff and trading. It does seem like most items are worthless, and it kind of defeats the purpose of the game. So, I'm wondering, what are some things that you do to get enjoyment out of playing with such an economy?

Reloader.XMH

Diabloii.Net Member
This is one of the many reasons why I quit playing on Battle.net. I never felt challenged, nor was there a true sense of reward. Both are key components in the enjoyment of any game for me.

If you haven't, try single player. You can still enjoy a community while enjoying the best(imo) the game has to offer.

Phototoxin

Diabloii.Net Member
In Single player you're only competing with yourself. So even if you hack your character to have 999 stats or whatever then you still know that you're cheating. Whereas if you find a cool set on one character and mule it to another one that's on you weather you're OK with it or not.

Basically you set your own tolerances/limits/parameters in SP.