Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Item trouble

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by yakooza, Oct 22, 2006.

1. yakooza

yakooza IncGamers Member

Item trouble

well i am in part 3 at the dock place and i am lvl 24 with 66 str and i want 2 buy metal plated belts, whatever the advanced gloves r there, and a new platebody but when i go 2 buy them it say 61 str required which i have and i went ahead and bought one but i still cant weild them...i even droped every10 in my inventory so i no that my str isnt just boosted up...wat is the prob?

2. sirmessbu

sirmessbu IncGamers Member

At first glance, my guess is that the belt you curently use gives you str. You cannot take it off and still have enough str to wear the new one.

Unless its simply because of the level requirements.

3. yakooza

yakooza IncGamers Member

I no longer have a belt i sold it becuase i was sure i would b able 2 use the item and when i took all my stuff off i still had 64 str which is still enought because it only takes 61 str 2 weild

4. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

Without alterations, plated belts require 60 strength and plate mail requires 65. Without a screenshot of your character or other information I'm not sure what the problem may be. I've occasionally had problems trying to wear items I clearly should be able to, but that was solved by removing weapons and shields to completely free up my arm slots.

5. yakooza

yakooza IncGamers Member

i understand this but the weird thing is im able 2 wear feild plates which require 66 str but not plate mails or ne of the other items on the first post

6. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

Field Plate requires 55 strength, so you should not have any problem wearing one of those.

If your base strength is 64, then you should be able to use a Plated Belt with no dramas. Plate Mail requires 65 strength, so you may be just 1 strength short.

Have you also checked the level requirements? That may be it.

7. yakooza

yakooza IncGamers Member

kk that makes since i guess ill just keep tryin 2 weild the plated belts i thought feild plates were 66 str required