Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Item stats mods, etc.

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by deniska, Sep 12, 2010.

1. deniska

deniska IncGamers Member

Item stats mods, etc.

Seen some movie on youtube, and noticed he had life/mana displayed above the orbs all the time. He also had items/mobs levels and statistics on the tooltips. Dug the forum and stickies for a while, didn't find anything mentioning mods. So is this some kind of mod? Where can I get it?

2. IncubatorJones

IncubatorJones IncGamers Member

Re: Item stats mods, etc.

The life/mana: http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=774087

You mean the levels were shown where the monsters life is shown? I've seen screenshots of that, I think it's a part of maphack (which is not allowed here)

Oh, and :welcome: to the forums

3. deniska

deniska IncGamers Member

Thanks! Will check it out.

Hmm, I can understand why should maphack not be allowed, but I don't understand why knowing monster level should be part of it. Not like it's game breaking.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Anyhow, this is the video I was watching. Monster's health bar included level and some more numbers. When he pressed ALT, item level was also displayed for all the items on the ground.

4. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Yes, knowing the monster level is not game breaking, but it needs a third party program and we (the mods) don't distinguish between them because Blizzard doesn't either. I can already smell it: If we would tolerate a few of them and then people get banned from bnet for that, we will get a certain share of the blame.

All third-party programs which interfere with the game (code, data, communication, whatever) are hacks for us and their promotion leads to a forum ban, as well as using them together with trading here. The only exceptions are a few muling programs for single player (ATMA and a variant for Macs), as well as a mule organizer (Adria).

We also don't have problems with virtual computer software and fast user switching, even though Blizzard said that it's not allowed. We almost feel like rebels for that, but we won't lean out of the window any farther :smug:.

5. deniska

deniska IncGamers Member

So basically, items and mobs levels are not mods, but rather third party software. I had impression that was some kind of mod.

6. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Incorrect, item level and mob level are not third party software nor some kind of mod, they are an ingame mechanic.

They are included in the games MPQ files though they aren't visible in tooltips ingame.

There are however tables, calculators and various other sources of information which accurately show Mlvls, Alvls, and Ilvls.

The community forum rules and links thread is a good place to start looking for such information, linked in my signature. The wiki is also a good bet.