Item poofing question

trashX

Diabloii.Net Member
Item poofing question

Ive been wanting to trade for a rather expensive item tyraels might and Ive been worrying about it being a dupe and then poofing
my question is: if i put a rune in the duped item will it stay forever?(because the rune gives it a new item ID)
help would be nice :)

-trashx

ProfessionalBerg

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Item poofing question

No, nothing will help against ruststorm. Also, talking about perming things is generally frowned upon in these forums :cool:

trashX

Diabloii.Net Member

Its not like i want or expect a duped item i just want to be sure when Im making such an investment. By ruststrom you mean when Blizzard makes their big anti-dupe session, and not normal entering games? Becuase this is what I am mainly after, safety when entering games

ProfessionalBerg

Diabloii.Net Member

No, I don't think socketing a duped item with anything will "perm" it. Runes are "permed" when socketed in items, then they last until full ruststorm. But the base item is NOT protected.

Alecz

Diabloii.Net Member

When ever you trade for High Runes or High-end items (Tyrael's) expect them to poof, this is the reality of B.net

Many people still think they can "perm" items only to realize they disappear and then you see the new thread in a forum.

I'd suggest you search the trade forums for that armor (if you need it that much). I think trades on the forum are much safer (even though not 100% safe)

Dodgydave

Diabloii.Net Member

AFAIK socketing a rune (or anything else for that matter) in an item doesn't change the item's fingerprint/ID number.

raveharu

Diabloii.Net Member

High level perfect items (perfect maras, perfect fathom etc etc) are usually duped, so think twice before buying them.