Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Item lvl for charms?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Warlock099, Mar 30, 2004.

1. Warlock099

Warlock099 IncGamers Member

Item lvl for charms?

What ilvl do i need on a small charm to be able to cube a 6-7% mf charm?

And in what area/difficulty do they start to drop?

Thx

2. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast IncGamers Member

I don't know exactly what ilvl is needed but in my experience any charm found in hell will do

3. usamahanas

usamahanas IncGamers Member

the ilvl is 33 to get 7% mf sc, and about the area to drop, I don't realy know exactly but, I haven't found such one in normal and even in nm, may be they can be droped in nm, but I don't know exactly

4. Hythopian Shade

Hythopian Shade IncGamers Member

I always prefer to cube charms form level 85 areas, because there's always a chance of you rolling something better then a 7% mf small charm, which you can then trade for 7% small mf charms.

5. basvanlola

basvanlola IncGamers Member

According to the Arreat Summit they are ilvl 33, you can find these anywhere in Nightmare/Hell and in most areas of Act V Normal (a Reanimated Horde is mlvl 33 so he should be able to drop that).

6. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

I hate that AS page, I really do. It is probably directly responsible for 40% of all questions I have to answer on the Statistics forum.

Some definitions.
    "ilvl" is item level. It is typically the level of the monster who dropped you the item, which is also typically the level of the area you found it in.
    "rlvl" is the character level required to use an item. It is the only one of these numbers you see in the game.
    "alvl" is affix level. It is the level of the highest affixes (mods) an item is able to get. It is calculated partly from an item's ilvl, but they are not the same thing at all.

The AS page lists (mostly) rlvls (unfortunately not consistently). These are of absolutely no use in working out where to find/cube an item.

A better source is http://www.d2data.net/item/affixes/affixes_idx3.html - they list both rlvl and alvl there (though neither of these are actually the number you want).

You will see there that for Small Charms of Good Luck, rlvl = 33 and alvl = 47.

To work out the ilvl you need for a given alvl is a pretty complex formula. But generally for low-mid level SCs it simplifies to ilvl = alvl + 14. So you need ilvl 61 to get SCs of Good Luck. That means anywhere from the Nightmare Act 5 ice caves onwards.

7. Hakai_no_Tenshi

Hakai_no_Tenshi IncGamers Member

Amazing how the same questions keep popping up everywhere, Thrugg ;)

--T

8. farting bob

farting bob Banned

thats why you dont find them in nm hardly ever. arreat summit is good for basics of the game, but it cant help you with the technical stuff can it...

9. nikstone

nikstone IncGamers Member

Ok, here goes

For mf mod and resist or resist all mod on small charms the itemlevel must be minimum 61, maximum 67.
    Best place to pick them up are nightmare cows, you can also use a small charm from hell blood mor from a regular monster (itemlevel 67).

The same itemlevels reply for Grand charms if you are cubing for +skills.

If you are cubing a jewel for good mods as ED/IAS, minimum itemlevel must be 66 and higher with no maxlimit on itemlevel.

How do I know this?, have read it in a guide.

P.S. Why do I say maximum itemlevel 67, because after that new mods are available, so the chance of getting the desired mf and/or resist all mod is getting slimer.

10. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

Hmm. You may want to find a better guide.

"of Good Luck" occurs from ilvl 61, and there is no maximum really. The only higher suffix on SCs is Craftmanship which you won't find till ilvl 92, which is very uncommon now.

"Shimmering" occurs from ilvl 47. There are other prefixes available almost immediately, at ilvl 50, so if you really want specifically Shimmering you need to be in the tight ilvl 47-49 window.

The top 11% Resist prefixes are all at ilvl 54.

+skill GCs are ilvl 50. These may be where the 67 number comes from, as at ilvl 67 you add the entirely crappy Serrated prefix which will dilute your chances.

I know this because I have the data files that come with the patch open in front of me.

11. SincereX13

SincereX13 IncGamers Member

I have found a 7% MF/ 10% Poison in NM Cows, but that is the only time I have found one in NM ever. They may be a good place to hunt as those charms can't spawn w/ some of the higher mods thus giving you a better chance at Good Luck and Cows do drop a lot of charms.

12. TrenShadow

TrenShadow IncGamers Member

My HC Fishymancer got a plain 7% SC from Normal Baal :D

13. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

Really? Normal Baal should only be mlvl 60...
    Do you still have it so you can check the ilvl on it Tren?

14. Takis

Takis IncGamers Member

Here's my two cents to this conversation. You go and beat Baal relentlessly until he drops you a lvl 99 charm. Then your options are only limited by the amount of perfect gems you’re willing to spend.

So roll, baby roll until you heart contents and maybe you can get a 7% MF with 175 poison damage small charm like SincereX13 has. The rest of us can only drool. :worship:

Me so jealous!
    Takis (El_Greco)

15. TrenShadow

I'll check it when I get home tonight. I'm 99% sure it came from the big bug himself - it definately came from a Baal run in normal (are his minions higher?)

-Edit- found a copy of the char in my email here at work :p Stats are:
    Small Charm of Good Luck
    Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
    Required Level: 33
    Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
    Item Level: 68
    Fingerprint: 0x30c8649e
    7% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Maybe I did get it in NM A1 :scratch: I was sure it came from Baal though

16. Hakai_no_Tenshi

Hakai_no_Tenshi IncGamers Member

ilvl 68 would be:

Normal creature in Hell Cold Plains (area level 68)
    Normal creature in Hell Stony Field (area level 68)
    Normal creature in Hell Dark Wood (area level 68)
    Unique creature in NM WSK 1 (area level 65)
    Unique creature in NM WSK 2 (area level 65)
    Champ creature in NM WSK 3 (area level 66)
    Champ creature in NM Throne Room (area level 66)

A1 NM levels range from 36 to 43 so it couldn't be that early and Baal is 60/75 in Normal/NM

--T

17. chase_encode

chase_encode IncGamers Member

Thanks thrugg.

Maybe now I can get a better return on my pgems.

18. TrenShadow

Well given that the fishymancer has only just beaten Radament in NM, and I've had the charm since very early A1 NM if not earlier........ Definately found by this char too as he's a HC untwinked Septavirate char.

19. Mage11

Mage11 IncGamers Member

The guide I have regarding cubing charms for resistances states that:

"If you want a shot at getting the best resistance charms there are to get, and also the chance of rolling a highly coveted +7% magic find charm, farm for small charms in the Crystalline Passage, the Frozen River, the Glacial Trail, the Drifter Cavern, or the Pit of Acheron in Nightmare Act 5."

That's using the 3 perfect gem cubing recipe for magic items with a small charm. I suspect that they would be some of the best places for looking for the charm to drop as well. This will give a probability of about 2.308% per re-roll of getting a "of Good Luck" suffix (ie +6% or +7% MF) (for an ilvl 61 sc), and therefore a 1.154% chance of a 7% MF small charm, according to the guide.

20. nikstone

nikstone IncGamers Member

Thanks for the info Thrugg. The guy in the guide said that he couldnt get the source code since 1.10, but that was a long time ago. Here is the link , so you can check it out and see what you think of it: http://home.comcast.net/~cxc-admin/affixes.htm

Still, if you want to cube a dual mod SC with good luck and something else you need a 61 itemlevel small charm.