item level of a drop (ilvl) ?

fbrooks

Diabloii.Net Member
item level of a drop (ilvl) ?

"Item level†(Ilvl) = each item in the game has an ilvl. It’s a value associated with the item that allows the item to have different abilities or commonly called affixes. This ilvl is based on how the item was created by the game.

Queston : what makes the item level ?

I suppose it depends on the monster (monster level) who dropes it. What else ? Character level and/or quality level ? Is there and exact formula or is it just random ?

For example : my hammerdin (character level = 90) kills Hell Mephisto (monster level = 87). He dropes a Vipermagi (quality level = 36 ?)
What is the item level of that drop or is it just random ?

pncwd

Diabloii.Net Member
fbrooks said:
"Item level†(Ilvl) = each item in the game has an ilvl. It’s a value associated with the item that allows the item to have different abilities or commonly called affixes. This ilvl is based on how the item was created by the game.

Queston : what makes the item level ?

I suppose it depends on the monster (monster level) who dropes it. What else ? Character level and/or quality level ? Is there and exact formula or is it just random ?

For example : my hammerdin (character level = 90) kills Hell Mephisto (monster level = 87). He dropes a Vipermagi (quality level = 36 ?)
What is the item level of that drop or is it just random ?
The ilvl of an item is always the same as the monster that dropped it.
If hell Meph dropped a cracked sash it would be ilvl 87

The only exceptions to that is when you gamble items or purchace them from a vendor. When gambling you will get ilvls that are +4 or -5 to your clvl. When purchasing I beleive that it depends on who you are buying from but it is +X to your clvl as where the X is a number that I dont know, LOL. Other wise I think that is all correct.

fbrooks

Diabloii.Net Member
pncwd said:
The ilvl of an item is always the same as the monster that dropped it.
If hell Meph dropped a cracked sash it would be ilvl 87

The only exceptions to that is when you gamble items or purchace them from a vendor. When gambling you will get ilvls that are +4 or -5 to your clvl. When purchasing I beleive that it depends on who you are buying from but it is +X to your clvl as where the X is a number that I dont know, LOL. Other wise I think that is all correct.
Thx for the reply

Another question :
What's the relation between monster level and quality level of the item the monster drops ? qlvl <= mlvl ?

pncwd

Diabloii.Net Member
fbrooks said:
Thx for the reply

Another question :
What's the relation between monster level and quality level of the item the monster drops ? qlvl <= mlvl ?
The only thing I can tell you about qlvl is that we as players dont need it LOL.
It has something to do with the way that an alvl it caculated or something. Basically the only ones that I concern myself with is ilvl, clvl(duhh), alvl, and the TC lvl. The TC lvl determins what lvl itme a monster is able to drop. For instance

hell meph is mlvl 87 but can only drop up to TC lvl 78
hell pindle is mlvl 86 but can drop TC lvl 87 items

So you may get a cracked sash from meph with a ilvl of 87 and then get a archnid mesh from pindle with an ilvl of 86 even though it has a TC 87.

I hope that helped some.

fbrooks

Diabloii.Net Member
pncwd said:
The only thing I can tell you about qlvl is that we as players dont need it LOL.
It has something to do with the way that an alvl it caculated or something. Basically the only ones that I concern myself with is ilvl, clvl(duhh), alvl, and the TC lvl. The TC lvl determins what lvl itme a monster is able to drop. For instance

So you may get a cracked sash from meph with a ilvl of 87 and then get a archnid mesh from pindle with an ilvl of 86 even though it has a TC 87.

I hope that helped some.
It helped. Thx

Where can I find wich monster can drop wich TC ?

thegiantturtle

Diabloii.Net Member
pncwd said:

I hope that helped some.

Pindleskin can not drop arachnid mesh.

For sets and uniques, a monster must have an mlvl >= qlvl of the item being dropped.

Arachnid mesh is qlvl 87. Meph can drop arachnid mesh, but pindleskin can't.
Pindleskin can drop windforce (high tc, relatively low qlvl), but meph can't (too high a tc).

I hope that clarified a bit.

pncwd

Diabloii.Net Member
thegiantturtle said:
Pindleskin can not drop arachnid mesh.

For sets and uniques, a monster must have an mlvl >= qlvl of the item being dropped.

Arachnid mesh is qlvl 87. Meph can drop arachnid mesh, but pindleskin can't.
Pindleskin can drop windforce (high tc, relatively low qlvl), but meph can't (too high a tc).

I hope that clarified a bit.
You are correct I choose bad items to use for that explaination.