Item level for charms and horking

fahartle

Diabloii.Net Member
Item level for charms and horking

Hello all. I'm wanting to assemble a gamblers charm package (give away a bunch of unid grand and small charms). I want to make sure that they're all lvl 85 or higher. I know there's a calculator somewhere for calculating these things, but for now I'm just limited myself to those found in WSK and Pit as I know they're high enough. But if I hork one up in those areas, is that also high enough? Or is there a level penalty on a hork? Thanks...

thegiantturtle

Diabloii.Net Member
A hork(Barb find item skill) is just like killing a monster. I believe a successful hork has a no-drop chance of 0, but I might have just made that up. If the monster drops ilvl 85 items, then the monster's body drops ilvl 85 items.

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
thegiantturtle said:
A hork(Barb find item skill) is just like killing a monster. I believe a successful hork has a no-drop chance of 0, but I might have just made that up. If the monster drops ilvl 85 items, then the monster's body drops ilvl 85 items.
You didn't make that up. It's true.

Uzziah

Diabloii.Net Member
The no drop percent is 0 because you have a chance to drop the items with hork, well a chance for the hork to fail while using the skill.

The hork is like killing the monster only no drops are not present, imagine if horking mephisto or Baal was possible you would get 6 items from the hork but the actual drop may have only been 3 or 4 items.

Horking will produce items of the same ilvl as killing monsters in that area. this includes the ilvl increase for champion and boss packs. Champions and bosses are the way to go if you have limited horking abilities. :thumbsup: