Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Item Hunting

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by RedRockRun, Sep 26, 2017.

1. RedRockRun

RedRockRun Diabloii.Net Member

I'm currently looking for a normal Bec-de-Corbin to socket, and I know a lot goes into determining drops, but I'm finding it hard to sift through the multitude of information to find what I actually need.

Right now I'm just looking for this particular item, but I would like to know more for future reference. Yet in this case: I have v.1.14b am level 65 on NM with players 8 and 23% MF. The BDC is qlvl 51.

What should be my first step for determining where to start farming?

2. necrolemming

necrolemming Diabloii.Net Member

You can use the drop calculators in Atma or GoMule to figure it out.

It looks like regular enemies in early-mid Act 5 Nightmare have the highest odds of dropping the base item, but the odds aren't that much worse in Act 4 or late Act 3 or later in Act 5, so just go around killing whatever's easiest for you. If you can handle running NM Baal minions/Baal himself, you can also get some leveling done in the process.

3. ioupainmax

ioupainmax Diabloii.Net Member

Don't waste a socket quest, either use the cube or find one with 4 sockets already.

T72on1 likes this.
  4. RedRockRun

I've been grinding player8 Act IV for the last two hours and nothing. Strangely I got three low quality ones two days ago and two regular ones yesterday, all of them in Act III. It gave me the false impression that the drop wasn't that bad. This was all within around the same time. Unfortunately none of those yielded five sockets from the cube. I wonder how long I can keep this up o__O

5. mir

mir Diabloii.Net Member

Maybe the cow level?

I would go for P1 or P3 to save time.

6. RedRockRun

It's a paradox of sorts. I want to upgrade my gear so that I can beat NM on p6-8, yet in order to farm the stuff I need I have to set the player number down and beat Baal to farm minions/cow level. Only by that point the gear I want (Treachery and Obedience) may not be enough for Hell on higher player levels.

Or is it not uncommon to get through Hell on p1 and not bother with going higher unless farming? NM on p1 with my gear is so easy it feels like cheating. I also want a better chance at better gear. Though on the other other it probably doesn't matter until I get to Hell anyway.

7. T72on1

T72on1 Diabloii.Net Member

It certainly isn't uncommon to go through Hell on /p1, especially with a character that isn't heavily twinked. For mf runs, it's even the go-to setting, since in that case it's unique bosses you are after, and they don't drop better with increased player setting. For runes higher player setting is better, but most important thing to consider when farming for something, is that speed (killing and moving speed) is always key, and always more important than the other factors.

So in that respect don't sweat it if you can't handle higher player settings in Hell yet. Just proceed to the boss/area you want to farm, make sure you roll a good map (which is key as well !!) and learn running it as fast as possible. If mf runs, stay at /p1 unless you are absolutely sure that increasing player setting doesn't slow you down at all. If going for xp or runes, only crank up the player setting if doing so doesn't decrease your killing speed too much.

Good luck !!

RedRockRun and sanguillen like this.