Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Item "hack" or strange bug?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Necrochild313, May 2, 2005.

1. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

Item "hack" or strange bug?

I was Nightmare Baaling just a minute ago with a conc barb, when I decided to check the Minion of Destruction's chance to hit me (while concing). Strangely, my Wartravs fell to the ground when I hovered over my defense.

Now, I didn't have my item screen open (then or beforehand), only my character screen. I also didn't have the wartravs "grabbed" with my mouse. I also have NEVER downloaded any third party programs other than Atma so it couldn't have been that either.

Also, my Barb is relatively low level still so Wartravs were the most valuable thing he had on at that time, and because of that the thought crossed through my mind that it could be possible that someone may have somehow used a hack to have them drop (using a maphack to see my items), since they were picked up almost as instantaneously as they dropped.

Does anyone have any idea what happened?

2. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

hm... was this in pubby game with other ppl or was it a solo thing? And did you actually lose the wartravs?

i've heard about item drop hacks but someone else has to be in the game next to you or something.

3. Necrochild313

Yes, sorry, I should've been more clear (I was a bit P.O.ed). It was pubby, and at the time there was a necro standing right next to me. The wartravs were picked up as soon as they dropped, I'm assuming by the necro next to me. (only had enough time to hear/see boots drop right next to me before they were gone. I don't recall if I had time to alt and see if they were my wartravs though I'm 99.9% sure they were, because it was imbetween "waves" of baals minions...hence no monster drops...and I checked my inventory, and no boots, and I had seen them on when buying pots from an NPC before going into the portal).

4. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

dirty thieving necros

5. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

sorry you got unlucky b/c those kind of hacks are rare. he also had a pickit tool btw.

6. 5Ws

5Ws Banned

More the reason to not go pub, tis sad...

7. Necrochild313

Thanks for the confirmation of the existance of such a hack...I'll be more careful from now on.

I'm just glad I hadn't gotten to a higher level when that happened, or it could've been much worse.

:rant: :lol:

8. Gix

Gix IncGamers Member

How exactly does this hack work?

9. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

is there anyway to avoid it? like running around in circles? meh this stinks, i pubby baal all the time and ive never run into anything like that. i idle a lot in them also, checking the forums.

<-- ideal target.

10. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

i dont know if theres any way to avoid it or not.

but it is very very very uncommon on bnet. If someone uses it, you should copy down their accnt name and report it to blizzard because thats a very serious hack that blizz should deal with.