Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Item drop probabilty

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by FlyingPerson, Apr 8, 2005.

1. FlyingPerson

FlyingPerson IncGamers Member

Item drop probabilty

Just found an interest data....
    I always thought Hell Baal and Diablo has highest chance to drop the most elite uniques...how about in the

http://www.d2data.net/tc/weap87.html

shows that the TC weapon87 has highest drop chance on other monsters..and the chance is significantly higher than hell diablo and baal?
    or does that only means the chance to drop normal,socket and etheral version of item but not unique item?

Hell Blood Lord: 0.50671614% to drop weap87
    Hell Baal(1st kill): 0.09487320% to drop weap87

that is like 5.5 times difference! and Blood Lord is A LOT easier to kill and much more of them in a game....

2. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

That's the way it is. Act bosses drop from another tree of treasure classes than other monsters. However, you have about 25 times as high a chanse for uniques when killing an act boss, and an act boss drops up to six items, so it's not THAT much worse killing baal. And then there is his high level. That helps for the ilvl-qlvl improvement on chanse for unique (just learned that from Thrugg. All of it ;))

3. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

On the other hand, a nasty blood lord boss pack has a greater chance to kill my characters than Baal :lol:

4. FlyingPerson

FlyingPerson IncGamers Member

Thanks guys

guess I still have to stick with Baal then.....:)

5. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Hehe... you don't HAVE to stick with him. Pindleskin, for instance can drop just about anything (meph can drop Azurewrath and Arachnid's Mesh, so the only real issue is finding Tyreals Might) baal can. And he is very quick to run. Also, the lvl 85 areas are all full of more or less challenging boss packs. (From the "Extra fast stone skin teleport" Devilkin pack to the "Conviction enchanted, Cold enchanted, Multiple Shots" Black Soul pack...

6. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

For drop calcs use ATMA, as d2data.net has their monster data messed up. Drop rates can be very off for some monsters.

7. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus IncGamers Member

Baal is a cheap bastich for me ... so it's off to level 85 areas for me to find a Tyrael's.

I wonder from all the people that have actually gotten a T-Might to drop where did it come from? Pits? Baal? Obviously, trends would have a huge impact on drops ... but it would be interesting to find out.