Item disappearance

hoodrat

Diabloii.Net Member
Item disappearance

SOOO I was x-fering with my friend. We started talking for a few minutes, and then I noticed that my Bramble, Chaos, and Spirit had all DISAPPEARED. I thought he was messing around, but he was just as clueless as me, and we searched all our other characters for them. Nowhere. We started picking up our stuff, and 3 of my Shakos vanished soon after. *sigh*

I didn't think I left them on the ground that long, plus I was always in the area. Is there a specific time limit something is on the ground before it poofs?

stkrause

Diabloii.Net Member
it's 10 minutes for white and socketed items (and runewords are considered "socketed items")

*stkrause

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
I learned that the hard way, too, although it just happened to my Stealth armor in the beginning of the first ladder season.

Orphan

Diabloii.Net Member
stkrause said:
it's 10 minutes for white and socketed items (and runewords are considered "socketed items")

*stkrause
Yea. The full durations for the items before they disappear are:

10 minutes = normal items, socketed items, magic items, potions, keys, scrolls, tomes
20 minutes = gems, runes, jewels
30 minutes = rares, uniques, sets
60 minutes = gold

Kevin William Cox

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes, but there is a way to keep them longer. Depending on how often you go back to town. I personally go back a lot. I've noticed If you use a town portal and go back every now and then, your items are still there even after ten minutes. White or not. If you stay in the area and do nothing for ten minutes they will poof right in front of you. Hence useing the tp seems to reset the clock. Picking them up and putting them down again also resets the clock. Going back every now and then, I've been able to keep items on the ground for more than 2 or 3 hours. DO NOT DO THIS IN GAMES WITHOUT A PASSWORD. Or with people you don't know. You will lose your items to someone else.