Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Item-based Auras?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by AlphaMagnum, Nov 12, 2006.

1. AlphaMagnum

AlphaMagnum Diabloii.Net Member

Item-based Auras?

I'm wondering about all the item-based auras, like a Beast Runeword weapon or a Bramble Runeword body armor. How do you use them? Do you have to keep them in one of your active skills, like with a Paladin? And can you have more than one at once?

Also, with mercs (mainly the Act II mercs), will they have both their own aura and an aura from an equipped item? (Will they be able to use both at once, and if not, which one will they use)

2. IntelligentX

IntelligentX Diabloii.Net Member

1. You have to actually use them to get the aura, but it will be active once you have equip them. And you can have more than one aura. For example, dual dream with azurewrath. Those two dream won't stack, but consider you have 2x level 15 holy shock, which means x2 of the lightning damage.
    2. They will be able to have more than one aura too. For example, if you get your holy freeze merc an infinity, dragon armor and dream helm, your merc will have 4 auras: conviction, holy fire. holy freeze and holy shock.

3. Kijya

Kijya Diabloii.Net Member

Aura When Equipped: Gives you, or your mercenary, an active aura of a certain level by just wearing the item. When carrying two items that give you the same kind of aura, they will stack and give you one higher level aura, instead of two lower ones. They do not stack with auras granted in any other way; instead you will only receive the highest level aura, how two auras of the same level act is explained at the end of this post. A feature you might want to take notice of is that the act 2 mercenary who uses a “prayer†aura will give you double healing when equipped with an insight polearm. The explanation is that the prayer aura will act as a synergy to the meditation aura from insight, baking the healing rate into that aura too wile still having prayer active.

Aura Priority Laws - for auras of the same level and same type (example: two fanatism auras)
    For sourse see my signature :azn: "Skill granting items".

hmm think I'll have to clarify myself a bit, two different types of auras (example a meditation and a might aura) will never cancel out each other.

If you hire a holy freeze aura merc and equip him with a doom polearm those auras will not stack since they are from different sourses (one from "aura when equiped" item and one from owned skills), and cannot coexcist since they are of the same kind, therefore your merc will only get the highest level aura of the two.
    Equiping two deam items (helm+sheild) will give you or your merc a level 30 holy shock aura.

4. zeskelnec

zeskelnec Diabloii.Net Member

What I noticed from Insight, is that I often need to remove and reequip the merc when entering a game for the med to replenish my mana.
    Even if the defiance aura from merc triggers after him being hit, the med from insight remains off.
    The same as well for skills like tele on enigma, I do the re-equip manoever to see Tele appearing in the list of available skills.

5. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman Diabloii.Net Member

It always happens when you resurrect your merc : you have to unequip then reequip his weapon.

Concerning the Teleport skill disappearing, yes it's been happening to me several times :scratch:...