It sucks when all your friends are studying...

TheAmoeba

Diabloii.Net Member
It sucks when all your friends are studying...

Yeah, I have nothing to do tonight....all my friends are studying for finals and of course, being in coop, I have no finals so I have, yep, you guess it, no one to do nything with...Sigh :(

~Kazama Fury~

Diabloii.Net Member
And you're complaining????
You rather study for a final than being bored?

How is Co-Op btw? I was invited to computer engineering Co-Op, I ended up declining the offer to go to a more prestigious school. I am not sure if it was the right choice. Have you been working at the same place? Or you've been looking for other companies?

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
Oh how I envy all of you. Your buddies are probably thinking "it sucks to have to do all this studying when my other friend ain't doing jack," or something like that.

theBlackKnight

Diabloii.Net Member
~Kazama Fury~ said:
And you're complaining????
You rather study for a final than being bored?

How is Co-Op btw? I was invited to computer engineering Co-Op, I ended up declining the offer to go to a more prestigious school. I am not sure if it was the right choice. Have you been working at the same place? Or you've been looking for other companies?

Prestige is overrated. Post counts arent.

SelfBaisResistor

Diabloii.Net Member
TheAmoeba said:
Yeah, I have nothing to do tonight....all my friends are studying for finals and of course, being in coop, I have no finals so I have, yep, you guess it, no one to do nything with...Sigh :(
I hate to break it to you, but it is/was Saturday night, I don't think they were studying.

Lord_Shinnok

Diabloii.Net Member
start a break dancing contest. no matter how bad you are you'll always win. unless you hit a rhino while spinning in which case you must defeat him with your killer dance steps. its the only way.

Newman

Diabloii.Net Member
Whenever there's no one to hang out with, or all my friends are busy or what not.. It's work on the car time or video game time.

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
SelfBaisResistor said:
I hate to break it to you, but it is/was Saturday night, I don't think they were studying.
You'd be surprised, I was writing code last night. Sometimes you gotta sacrifice the weekend if you know you're going to have a busy week ahead of you.

Newman

Diabloii.Net Member
AeroJonesy said:
You'd be surprised, I was writing code last night. Sometimes you gotta sacrifice the weekend if you know you're going to have a busy week ahead of you.
Exactly. Since when did Saturday night become "drop everything that I need to get done tonight and go have fun" night?

corax

Diabloii.Net Member
Newman said:
Exactly. Since when did Saturday night become "drop everything that I need to get done tonight and go have fun" night?
since no *kills a rhino with his k33l0r dance moves*

an easy problem to your solution is locate some of those 'friends' in a can that can be injected straight into your brain. then just become completely anti-social and your set

Newman

Diabloii.Net Member
corax said:
since no *kills a rhino with his k33l0r dance moves*

an easy problem to your solution is locate some of those 'friends' in a can that can be injected straight into your brain. then just become completely anti-social and your set
You lost me after "An easy problem..."?

TheAmoeba

Diabloii.Net Member
Oh don't get me wrong. I'd rather be not studying thatn studying any day...

My coop is at a research lab. The work is molecular biology related (recombinant proteins and DNA). I feel it's a great opportunity since I get payed decently, make new contacts and most importantly learn a bunch of stuff that you can't get from classes. Dopending on your field and the amount of jobs available, coop is a great idea (for example, if your in engineering you should join coop cause alot of firms look for experience so you have that edge of new gradutes). It has it's drawbacks hough...I fall a year behind in my program so one extra year of school (with people I don't know cause all my friends are going to be a year ahead). Also, the social aspect sucks...everyone at my workplace is a few years older, married, ect so it's hard finding people to talk about stuff that I would normally talk about with people "my age". Also, at school you're always meeting new people and around friends...working in a lab is pretty lonely.

I don't mind reading or doing stuff on my own, it's just I want to get out and be with people...spending the week alone for the most part makes me ansty. Also, since I borke up with me gf things have been kinda tough when I'm alone. It's not so hard when I'm with other people.