Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

It never fails.

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by wheel-of-doom, Jun 9, 2005.

1. wheel-of-doom

wheel-of-doom IncGamers Member

It never fails.

Every time I've made an account on diablo, and gotten it somewhere, I get hacked. Just two days ago I log on and notice my chars look a bit funny, I go on and find all my valubles looted. This is about the 5th time now since I started playing back during 1.09 that I've been hacked. These weren't the result of some stupid scams or me accidentally giving my pass to the wrong person(because I never give my pass out). Can anyone beat getting hacked 5 times? It gets less upsetting every time....

2. Col.Kurtz

Col.Kurtz IncGamers Member

You can't be "hacked" unless you have given your password to someone.

An other possibility is that you use a 3rd party program (such as maphack).

Otherwise, it just isn't possible.

3. TopHatCat64

TopHatCat64 IncGamers Member

This sounds like you have "something" on your computer where the hacker is monitoring your accounts, letting you build up wealth each time, taking it, letting you build up again, and just repeating the cycle.

Complete HD reinstall? I dunno gotta get rid of it somehow.

4. wheel-of-doom

Now youre starting to make me wonder....

5. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

you use map hack or any 3rd party programs?

mighta clicked on a bad link and gotten a trojan or key logger or something too.

6. wheel-of-doom

No. There's an evil force encoded in diablo that hates me and doesn't want me to succeed. Even without 3rd party programs I am targeted. It also cant be the same thing that's cost me my account before seeing as my hard drive has been completely erased since then so whatever it is isnt the same thign as before.

7. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

Are you using good passwords on your accounts? Simply using a word like tanya will be hacked fast. tanya212 will take more time, but is hackable. If you want a really safe password make sure it's 12 characters big, and looks something like that: "b3s$ditr?dfa". I doubt it's possible to break into acc with such password. If it is possible, then very likely you have a keylogger on your PC somewhere. Can't help you with that.

8. sensei

sensei IncGamers Member

yea, easy passwords will get you pwned.

just open notepad. close your eyes. hit 15 random keys. memerize and you have your password.

thats what i did

9. Phyrexial

Phyrexial IncGamers Member

Most likely there is a 3rd party program that you downloaded everytime you've installed D2 and it is most likely compromised with some sort of keylogger or trojan. You can't simply "be hacked" because the only way to do that is to bruteforce your password. This means trying every possible combination of characters until it finds one that works which takes a ridiculous amount of time and resources that most people don't have. You would also see "failed login attempts" but since you didn't it is much more likely that someone knew your exact password somehow.

10. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

simple solution....stop using 3rd party cheats....i remember you asking awhile ago about d2 crashing after quests....i am sure that it was mentioned to you that a loader program you downloaded was a likely culprit....looks like the mh and d2loader you are using came with a keylogger.....you have been "hacked" 5 times now? looks like you got exactly what you deserved.....get rid of the cheats and hacks so we don't have to read your next post saying you lost all your itamz for an unbelievable 6 times!!

11. JesusbeJesus

JesusbeJesus IncGamers Member

BURNED :lol:

ouch

12. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

Are you sure that would happen? I heard bruteforcing is done in the menu where you usually change passwords, and you won't get a "failed login" that way. Haven't tried it though...

13. wheel-of-doom

You've got the wrong person there buddy. I never said anything about d2 loader or maphack here at this site. It turned out that it was crashing because i was using -ns(because I like to listen to music while playing diablo without the diablo music bleeding through).

14. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

Well u did download something, because it just simple isnt possible "to be hacked" like u say. Sorry ive been playing since d2 came out and ive never "been hacked". Theres a keylogger on your computer somewhere and someone who u downloaded it from is just sitting and laughing at u while he clean sweeps your acc. I suggest to reformat your drive, reinstall everything and from this point on do not fall for those advertisements in bnet channels.

15. wheel-of-doom

Can't imagine what it could have possibly been....

16. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

it's a., b. or c.:

a - you dl'ed a bad program or clicked on a bad link and got a key logger installed on your computer

b - your password is something easy to guess

c - you gave your password out somehow

sorry but you dont get hacked without one of the above happening

17. 5Ws

5Ws Banned

The fact is, he didn't get a "failed login" message, meaning:
    a - you dl'ed a bad program...etc.
    d - someone knows your password exactly, and hacked it without even guessing.

Sorry but to me it's simple, you used a hack/cheat and got what you deserved.

18. slap

slap IncGamers Member

factor

hi...in the past 2weeks, i have spoken to 5 players on battle.nett who have had there accounts hacked. there was a common factor with all of them...each had d/loaded 'map-hack'.

some of the replys to the topic starter give me hope that there are still!..legit game players in this community.

19. JesusbeJesus

JesusbeJesus IncGamers Member

I would say the majority of people of post here and play d2 are legit...minus the ones who were "hacked"

20. Twoflower

Twoflower Banned

actualy starting a "i got hacked" thread should give you a insta ban, since it is way to probably that you used some cheats :p

seriously though, what the others said is true, you dont get hacked "out of the blue sky" ... stop browsing fishy D2 sites, dont dl anything, dont give your pw away, you wont get hacked... as easy as that