Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

It never fails...

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Asylla, Mar 24, 2004.

1. Asylla

Asylla IncGamers Member

It never fails...

How many of you have had an experience like this?

I finally found a Ber rune, after various Baal runs. Pit runs, yadda yadda yadda. Anyway, I was pretty excited, because I could finally make the CoH runeword, all I had to do was find a 4 socket armor or one I could socket. Easy right? Well, I have found various armors for socketing, but not one that is good for a non-strenght dependant character, i.e. Sorc or maybe Pally. It seemed like before I found the Ber, scarab husks, wire fleece, archon plates and the like were dropping like flies. Go figure. I have a 4 socket kraken shell I may just use, and find something else for my other characters.

OK, this post was just a little lightheartedness on the issue of not finding things you need when you need them. I know I am pretty lucky in finding the Ber, and many people may not ever find. I am not complaining about it, just sharing an experience.

:lol:

2. Compman

Compman IncGamers Member

It's a fact of life that when you have something you don't need it is not valuable to you, and when you don't have something you need it is valuable.

3. Yavanna

Yavanna IncGamers Member

I found my very first Rixot's Keen with a level 10 barb, someone actually new and weak enough and of the right class to get some use out of it...

Too bad he was a Fister.

4. Schwhat

Schwhat IncGamers Member

Diablo 2 Program: So who is next on the list?

Blizzard Programmer: uhh, Asylla.

Diablo 2 Program: uh ok ... how's this? Drop her tons of useless elite 4 socket/socketable armor and then drop her ber rune when she ditches all those armors due to uselessness.

Blizzard Programmer: That's so poetic! And downright mean! I LOVE IT!

Diablo 2 Program: Why thank you, I was programmed that way by you.

5. Stumanchu

Stumanchu IncGamers Member

I am 100% convinced that this game has some kind of mind reading power. Whenever you are looking for something you need, the game never drops it. When you aren't looking for something the game will drop that item. Its true I tell you.......

Stu

6. Asylla

Asylla IncGamers Member

:lol: :winner:

7. Frenzied Bovine

Frenzied Bovine IncGamers Member

Absolutely do not "settle" and pick whatever 4 socket armor you have. Wait until you find a 400+ defense Dusk/Archon. It is worth it.

More importantly if you ever get sick of CoH for whatever reason, you want to be able to sell it.

8. assmuffin

assmuffin IncGamers Member

That kind've like what I did with my Enigmas. I Enigma'd a Mage Plate, which looks very nice on a Paladin for my Hammerdin. I knew I'd be doing Baal runs with him so I decided to Enigma a cheap armor. My other Enigma was placed in a Dusk Shroud which I was able to trade for some nice stuff after I got bored with my bone necro.

9. .EYRIS.ONE.

.EYRIS.ONE. IncGamers Member

lololol nicely done :thumbsup: its so true :evil:

10. Wolv

Wolv IncGamers Member

U also have the option of the trade forum. I see a lot of nice 4 soc armors floating around ft that would be perfect for yer CoH

11. Asylla

Asylla IncGamers Member

Well, I did some running last night. I was about to give up for the night, when I thought, just one more run. (kinda like one more pull on the slot machine in Vegas isn't it?) I realized I had my MF gear on so I switched out, duh, I wasn't trying to get magic items.. I did one more run and found a 497 Hauberk. Perfect is 501. It is still considered "light" armor so I thought cool! I made the CoH and it came out to 844 def or something. With only a 118 str requirement, it is fine by me. Thanks for the suggestions to those that offered them!

12. gods_pawn

gods_pawn Banned

d'oh! opposite problem! i have a superior 4 socket wrymhide with 532 defense, just BEGGING to be turned into a CoH! or bramble, but i was opting towards an ethereal 4 socket, due to its great use on a mercenary.

13. Yavanna

Yavanna IncGamers Member

I predict that when I find a perf Windforce, it will be with my SP Barb.

Wait, he's got a Rogue merc who might eventually be able to use it if I Hel'd it. So I'd have to find it with my SP Sorc. Her merc is a Barb.