It burns me

Lostprophet

Diabloii.Net Member
It burns me

Why, why, WHY is this newsworthy?

Woman is indecisive, makes front page.

Basically, a woman decided she didn't want to marry a guy and FAKED HER OWN KIDNAPPING to get out of it. That's not the worst part: This story was up before the kidnapped story appeared, meaning that the story read "Bride Dissapears From Wedding." A guy dissapears from a wedding, nobody gives a second thought. Nobody thinks "Huh, this is newsworthy. I bet he was kidnapped." No, they just assume he forgot it or flaked out. But a woman, you say? Oh God, I bet something bad happened.

Ugh. Love that news media.

dirkdig

Diabloii.Net Member
I had the same thoughts as you, lostprophet. Why the hell is this private story worth national news coverage? Beyond that, why should this already-embarrassed woman be subjected to that kind of humiliation?

Eff said:
lol, and after all that, you decide: "this is threadworthy"
Well, let's keep things in perspective. Most news outlets have at least some standards. Most threads aren't even coherent in any human language.

blu3l1ghtn1ng

Diabloii.Net Member
Yea me and my mom were saying her eyes were weird.

Also, my dad was pissed that CNN was showing that. He wanted to watch real news. Personally I hate all of the stories about kidnapped people. Not to be mean, but who cares? Thousands of people die in tragedies everyday, its called life. As a Canadian I don't need to know about a girl missing in California. We have our own disappearances. Its sad, but not relevant to my life.

Steve_Kow

Banned
dirkdig said:
I had the same thoughts as you, lostprophet. Why the hell is this private story worth national news coverage? Beyond that, why should this already-embarrassed woman be subjected to that kind of humiliation?

Because she called her fiancee and said she was kidnapped?

corax

Diabloii.Net Member
must of been a boring news day.

*goes on a violent rampage to ensure it doesn't happen tomorrow*

Mecal

Diabloii.Net Member
hehe, crazy not-so-newsworthy-stuff.

"Man worried - couldnt decide: catsup or mustard."