Iso some help & answers

eLeM3NTz3CP

Diabloii.Net Member
Iso some help & answers

Hey, how you doing.

Old school player who plays casually for fun and does not have much time at all for this game to rebuild/test things like I once may have had.

Alright, some things to know I suppose, I don't cheat,use any mods w/e. No downloads such as the hero editor etc.

I wanted to make a Auradin for pvp and was just curious about a build id like to attempt. I did not see any guides for it...maybe I overlooked it ? But I did not see it.

My idea:
Tri elemental Auradin.
20 Conv
20 Salv
16 CR,FR,LR skills.
The rest of my skills would be pre-reqs.

Gear
Doom,Dream Helm,Drag Shield,Coh,Maras,Bk/Raven,Nats/Aldur Boots,Bfist,FHR belt w/ life/resist. Death Decap on Switch.

Inventory
Torch,Anni,9x Off gc's,life smc's.

I was curious...Doom would work like dream/drag/hoj work...correct?
Has anyone ever tried this...would the dmg be remarkably low ?
I would hope the 3 runewords w/ the synergies + conv would be enough to do some significant dmg...and that I could have a 2hand weapon on switch w/ my 1 pt charge to pk once their life drops low.

I'd primarily be dueling w/ a buddy of mine so id be bo'd and id have a cta stashed as well just incase.

Any help with this would be great, ideas,exp etc always noted and appreciated, TY.

If you don't believe this would work or know that Doom would not act as a hoj would...any idea for a charge/holyfreezer would be nice to know.

Thanks for looking.

Ed from Russia

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Iso some help & answers

I have had the idea but haven't started building yet. I called it the Holy Trinity (because of the 3 holy auras).

My thought was to make him a PvM Zealot, with Conviction as main aura, and pretty much the same equipment as you have in mind (except i would get some CB, e.g. Gore Riders and crafted gloves). My skill setup would be the same as yours except I would max Zeal and not bother with Salvation. And put 5-ish points in Holy Shield.

Doom would be ok i think, the damage might be low (compared with Dream) but the slow would be nice (and would work in PvP I think, even if opponent wears Raven). The Holy Fire aura would be pretty weak but it's a theme build so that's acceptable IMO.

zorro8081

Diabloii.Net Member

Would the off aura gcs help tho? Conviction basically caps itself at lvl 25 i thought....maybe you could save some skills points from there for something else....Holy Shield was a good idea because then you would need less dex for max block which means more vit and more life which is awesome.....

koeraokse

Diabloii.Net Member

1 dragon alone is too weak imo, go for holy shock/freeze or shock/fire :coffee:

Kuronishen

Diabloii.Net Member

Offensive GCs will not help your auradin's Holy fire/shock/freeze.
Neither will Defensive GCs help your synergies.

Adding points to more than one resist aura leaves your paladin with VERY weak attack rating/defense (I kno this from experience). Unless you are PvM, I don't suggest it.

A Doom works well, but don't invest points into resist cold; the added damage is minimal. I suggest maxing resist light/dual dreams with a griefz or a doomz.

I am working on my PvP dreamer guide atm and will have it posted soon. Check it out ;)

Ed from Russia

Diabloii.Net Member

Offensive GCs will not help your auradin's Holy fire/shock/freeze.
Neither will Defensive GCs help your synergies.
Good point, didn't think that one through.

I would still use Dragon because it's a theme build, but possibly not boost its damage. Whether to boost the damage from Doom is up to you, but you should definitely max Resist Lightning.

Overall your skill setup could be:
15+ Conviction (up to 25 incl skills)
20 Lightning Resist
20 Zeal
20 Sacrifice (synergy for Zeal) or Resist Cold
10+ Holy Shield

zorro8081

Diabloii.Net Member

+max dmg charms might be an idea you want to think about......my auradin does a little dueling and the only charms i have are max dmg, resist, and life charms....also, the charms would be nice for your charge...

eLeM3NTz3CP

Diabloii.Net Member

Ya.. the point of offensive gcs was not that it would boost my dmg but that it would make my conviction higher. In pvp the higher conviction cancels out the lower. I think thats vital for auradins, I could use other charms and switch out depending who i'm dueling but I would like to keep it to 1 setup, at the very least as much as possible. I didn't attempt too make this pally tri elemental. The Doom/hf doesn't work like how a hoj/drag/dream w/ salv/max cr or fr do. I went and lvled my salvation/cr first and w/ doom my dmg sucked. I then maxed hf aura and based my setup more to a pro cold gear setup..
p nw(not 100% ofc)
4os 30/20 targe w/ 4x 5/5's
-60 Doom Z
enigma/coh
2pally ammy w/ good stats
misc diff rings/boot/glove combos

I still have quest to do, the hf is not yet maxed b/c I went and maxed conviction and tried to see if that would make the difference.
It has not, the hf is pretty high. I cant remember off hand but I think I need like 7 more to max it. Pvp wise a pure holyfreeze pally doesn't seem to cut it. Maybe charge based w/ doom would be most effective but maxing hf/cr/salv seems like its a weak attack.

My next theory is going to be to test hf with flash gear. With Rabies a druids can gain the dmg off of a switch setup. Say like 6x faceted sword/faceted p dmg dweb/4x faceted shield...you would gain the dmg from that even if you hit w/ a lower dmg setup.
Anyone ever tried this ? It would be good to know, I have yet to waste time getting facets for a shield/6sock sword. Also I wanna try and make a 4faceted armor and see if the +20% makes a difference. I don't see either of these next attempts getting me over that hump but what the hell..never know untill you try eh?

zorro8081

Diabloii.Net Member

Instead of getting the facets and stuff, try easier and cheaper and probably faster to try stuff. Maybe an Ormus instead of the 4 faceted armor? Just trying to save you a some time and money.....

eLeM3NTz3CP

Diabloii.Net Member

True I was thinking of a ormus b/c w/ cold usually the +% is what counts. I havnt got any cold facets yet, I did get a ok jewelers plat 78life 4socket. I'll try my buddys blizz ormus when I get a chance, before I got faceting the jewelers.

Timmy

Diabloii.Net Member

This is my build that I came up that I"m going to play as on NL. It's a FOH/auradin hybrid using both use Holy fire aura and FOH so it's going to be hard to absorb :D

It will wear griffon, foh stick (HOJ on switch for extra aura damage), dragon armor, dragon shield, mara, arachnid mesh, raven, soj, Treks, alot of pc skillers, torch, anni and some sc. :D

BP: 86fhr or 1 bp lower if it's too high to achieve.

Points lay-out:
20 resist fire
20 holy shock ( FOH synergy )
level 25 conviction after + skills
20 FOH
1 point holy shield
20 fanatism ( in case someone will outabsorb both fire and light damage, use a grief to smite/charge :D )

I'm not sure how good it will be, but i think it should be very great in duels. I'll let you know when i got it up and running :D

I think this is the best dual elemental damage paladin. 3 elements is going to be not effective I think ^^

eLeM3NTz3CP

Diabloii.Net Member

Timmy some alternatives that maybe tough to come by or pricey to trade for if you can find.

3foh sceptor/cadues w/e made into a hoj would be great.
3foh/3conv stick rolled into a 6bo cta. These are not that bad I self rolled mine for a v/t awhiel back.
Also why pcombats ? if you're going w/ foh/fire auradin wont your charge dmg really lack ? if any gcs id use offense, they're cheap and if you need fhr...fhr/off gcs are cheap too!
Another thing I was thinking why not go w/ hoj/drag/drag/griffons then on switch have your foh stick and maybe a hoz w/ a facet? or a 4socketed light faceted 40+ pris shield ?
Those are cheap and ez to find..the jools maybe a pain to gather but this could give you maxim dmg between both. I pre-buff bo's w/ anything I can to have 2 setups in the moor....doesnt take long and its nice to have versatility. Gl!

finalorder

Diabloii.Net Member

I had a build similar to this. Had massive damage but lacked defense. I ran with duel dreams, dragon armor, HoJ PB, Gore's, Verdungo's, and Dracs. Jewelry I had maras and 2 x ravenfrosts (Ar is needed). Skills were resist lightning, resist fire, resist cold 15 15 15, holy freeze 20, holy shield 10, zeal 10, and fanticism 10. Then I built a might merc (for more damage :p, but a defiance one would help u with your defense if you need it) with infinity, for his conviction.

If you wanted to.. u could switch auras and you can get conviction, and you get a act 1 rogue merc with faith for fantacism. Simliar results. Just get AR charms and mabye a few resist charms and your gtg.

I would recommend getting a crescent moon pb. When u get lots of fire immune (possible fire & Cold or fire & physical) the cresent moon allows u to do more lightning damage. If you cant hit anything.. grab a grief pb and use that for the ITD.. U'r fire damage lowers, but the grief allows u to hit stuff. That part isnt a big deal, but if u have spare money.. why not ? :p Get sorb gear too.. your defenses arent as good as others, so wisp & dwarf star can help (wisp more imo, damn gloams!) dream shield should have 45 resists in it.

Pretty effective..killed everything in the game without much problem.. just becareful of the deadly monsters, they will sneak up on u.