ISO Help W/ Light Sorc

WarmachineRyan

Diabloii.Net Member
ISO Help W/ Light Sorc

I just made a light sorc so I could use it for some Mfing, and casual dueling because I was bored of playing with my hammerdin and smiter.

Anyways, I'm just wondering if my sorc will still be able to do everything I thought it would be able to.

I hear people saying all the time that Light Sorc's are one of the best Mfers, and decent duelers but my sorc gets killed all the time when I try to run Andy, Meph, I even get killed by Quill Rats in the Blood Moor.

Here's what I've got going with my sorc.

Level- 82

Stats- Right now I haven't used any because I'm not sure if I should go the mana route, or invest in life. I am also having trouble getting the strength required to use a spirit Monarch so I had to replace my SOJ's with 20 strength rings.

Skill Placement- My Skills are as follows
1- Warmth
1- Telekinesis
1- Teleport
1- Static Field
1- Energy Shield
20- Charged Bolt
20- Lightning
20- Chain Lightning
20- Lightning Mastery

Gear - I won't go into great detail with my gear
Helm- Griff's
Armor- Ds Coh
Weapon- 3/14 Eschuta's
Shield- 30 Fcr Spirit Monarch
Belt- Arachs
Rings- 2x 20 strength rings W/ other mods
Ammy- 28 Res Mara's
Boots- Treks

Inventory- 4x Light Skillers
19/20 Sin Torch (I only use it for the strength)
18/12 Anni

Mercenary- Ethereal Cryptic Axe Infinity
Vampgaze
Ethereal AP Fort

Damage- With current gear Lightning damage is 6-19K

Question 1.) Since I've already invested a point in energy shield do you recommend me trying to max telekinesis and then going pure Mana, or just try and avoiding ES all together and go pure Vit?

Question 2.) Do you recommend using a spirit monarch for PVM, if so how do you deal W/ the strength req? (I'm Assuming putting points in strength)

Question 3.) Do you recommend a cold armor?

I know that there are plenty of guides out there, and I've looked at them all, but right now I'm caught between them and I need some answers because I've worked quite hard putting this sorc together.

..........Thanks for reading and I'm sorry that its so long winded..................

Last edited:

DayDream

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: ISO Help W/ Light Sorc

1. Although the ES would help in dueling, it's pretty deadly to use in pvm with the mana burns and all

2. Spirit monarch actually makes up for its huge str req with the large amount of fhr, fcr, resist, mana, AND vitality. It's definately worth using pvm or pvp

3.Nope

There is no pure lightning guide yet so feel free to ask anything else here.

Gear - I won't go into great detail with my gear
Helm- Griff's
Armor- Ds Coh
Weapon- 3/14 Eschuta's
Shield- 30 Fcr Spirit Monarch
Belt- Arachs
Rings- 2x 20 strength rings W/ other mods
Ammy- 28 Res Mara's
Boots- Treks
You are actually 2 fcr short of reaching the 117 lightning fcr bp. If possible, get a 32 fcr spirit monarch which shouldn't be too difficult.

What's your glove? Bloodfists is a good potential pair. Could also use chancies in pvm.

Dirkw

Diabloii.Net Member

You can't build ES anymore because you would lack the skill points for that kind of build.

Btw... I don't see how it can amaze you how easily your sorc dies. She's level 82 and pretty much unbuilt. It should be obvious.

Vespar

Diabloii.Net Member

My light sorc has little to no trouble running countess, the pit, Andy, Summoner, Ancient Halls, the council, Mephisto, Chaos, Diablo, Eldritch, Shenk, Pindleskin, and Nilithak at level 87. ((I haven't attempted the worldstone keep or Baal yet))

What I did was I maxed out lightning, chain lightning, 10 points in charged bolt, 10 in energy shield, 15 in telekinesis, and then one point in all other preqs including 1 point in Static and Thunderstorm.

I can tell you even in PVM energy shield makes my sorc soooo much more survivable. With only 1 point in energy shield and 1 point in telekinesis you're actually going to take nearly double the amount of damage to your mana pool which is probably getting yourself killed very quickly.

If you are going to use energy shield you need to invest points into it and telekinesis as well as invest many points into energy.

Your damage is going to be quite a bit less....I only hit about 13k max, but that is more than enough to absolutely dominate everything in PvM if you are really interested in MFing with this character.

Of course you'll be relying heavily on your merc to break immunities, but my light sorc is the same level as my meteorb....and my meteorb has been sitting on the shelf for a quite a while now.

My gear is yet to be optimal yet as well, but here is what I have on.

Full Tal Rasha's
Magefist
Silkweave boots
Lidless Shield
Manald heal ring x 2

Double Ist Alibaba and Rhyme shield on switch.

I'm only at 90% FCR and have around 220% MF normally and on switch I have around 350%

But I plan on adding a pair of wartravs, probably an ist to my orb, a soj, and probably a good FCR ring to hit the 105% BP.