Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

ISO Faith Strafer

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by MortIIs, Nov 16, 2006.

1. MortIIs

MortIIs IncGamers Member

ISO Faith Strafer

I'd like to make a strafer PvM for mf only, mostly pit + cs, with a faith bow. But which bow to put faith in? And what about the other gear? Keeping in mind I'd want as high mf % as possible.

2. KremBanan

KremBanan IncGamers Member

First of bowamazons aint the best for mf'ing, but there are some possibilities.

If you use Faith Matriarchal Bow(lvl14+aura) you will only need 44IAS to reach last breakpoint Multishot(very good in CS). For strafe you need only 10%IAS to reach last bp.

Wartravelers boots are obvious choice. mf + 15-25 damage
    Goldwrap belt. 10IAS + 30mf
    + the usual mf uniques: Shako, Skullders, Chance. Allthough I would prefer LoH gloves for the 20IAS/350%ed to demons for boosting the killspeed.
    If you going the 44ias setup, you need to socket either helm or armor with a ias-jewel + either cats eye or highlords amulet, if you choose chance gloves.

For Strafe only, you need as said only 10IAS. This you get from Goldwrap and you can sox the others with topaz'.
    But amazons are very equipment needed to kill fast, is alwasy a balance between kill speed/damage vs mf.

Charms: the best charms would be Gheeds ofc + 3max/20ar/7mf.

Try to reach the desired breakpoint and fill in with mf items and 3/20/7s

3. MortIIs

MortIIs IncGamers Member

Thanks, and what if I'd use faith gmb?

4. KremBanan

95IAS Multishot/Guided/Normal attacks --> Need lvl 13 aura
    35IAS Strafe --> Need lvl 14 aura

5. MortIIs

MortIIs IncGamers Member

aha and how many ias for strafe with lvl 13 aura?

6. JonProphet

JonProphet IncGamers Member

I'm using a faith GMB. My gear looks something like this:

Steelskull, Eth Skulder's ptopazed, Lay of hands, Gore Rider's (extra damage), Goldwrap, Raven Frost, perfect nagel, Cat's Eye. Now I'm sure I could switch in a few other items in favor of MF instead of dmg/ias, but I have like 250 MF. I've recently learned that pit running doesn't produce good results. As others have said, make a sorc for MF. I love my Strafer for doing Baal runs and what not. Its a lot of fun. I'm a killer now.......

-JD-

7. Virility

Virility IncGamers Member

I have used in excess of 350%. I ended up using Tal's head for the leech with armor. Changing out other parts made it difficult to hold good leech to run A1-5+cows. Atma's neck seemed to be the key for killing speed. My other choice was Crescent Moon neck-excellent dual leech with the magic damage reduction, really helped on the lightening things, but for speed of killing was much slower than Atma's. Crescent Moon worked best with knockback. I don't have the luck to craft hit power gloves with ias/mf(i have not rolled ias-yet). Knockback prevented me getting overwhelmed so for the essential leech/knockback freeing up hand slot to use Chance guards my bow choice became very limited. This knockback really became very important to clear all the areas.

It is volume killing that will eventually swing the items generator your way.I will mention that I have had the best drops with 0 mf, off random "regular" mobs. When I look at the treasure tables and odds to drop XX, the number does not change by much even increasing the chance more than 300%.

By comparison to JonProphet sub out Steelskull and skullders for Tal's, Chance guards, Atma's, 2X Wisp ring with 14% and 16%mf(its for the absorb), my precious War Trav's. This I can clear all areas in a single player game in decent time. Black souls get much harder as more people join.

Good hunting.

8. GotFriana

GotFriana IncGamers Member

Imo that depends on what you are looking for, if you are looking for uniques only then I agree the Pits may be a bit dissapointing after a while, even with the best MF sorc you may not see any unique in a full run, so for uniques it may be better to run bosses and that s better with a sorc, but for general usefull items I think the Pits are the perfect place, the amazon should have no problems killing everything fast in there, the enemies are much easier than those in WSK or Baal Minions and you dont even need very high resistances to survive, by usefull items I mean socketeds and ethereal non magical items (these 2 the bosses will never drop) plus every once in a while a good unique or set piece will drop too. Charms found in the Pits are good to reroll and I ve found very good blue magic items too.

9. JonProphet

JonProphet IncGamers Member

Friana,

I'm still working on what is "good" to me. Right now, my pit runs are for quick gold (40K-70K a run) charms (small, large and Grand) uniques and set items. I've been tossing charms that don't appeal to me. I'm still learning. I dropped my MF a little bit when I got rid of my geeds (gave it to my brother's fire mf sorc). Remember that NL socketables are not as valued as Ladder socketables. I've also been looking at rares mostly. I've recently ventured into the ladder so, I don't know what I'll do with my Zon.

-JD-

10. MortIIs

MortIIs IncGamers Member

Thanks for input guys, but can anyone gimme the amount of ias needed with a faith gmb?

11. KremBanan

Strafe Faith GmB lvl13 aura --> 37IAS