Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

ISO: Enigma/bowa kicksin build

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Desi, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Desi

Desi IncGamers Member

ISO: Enigma/bowa kicksin build

Hi...first of all..new to this site, and never b4 have i made a assasin.

Ya...sounds kinda like zaiychiks asn, and thats what i wanna aim for...(sorry zaiy..dont mean to steal)

If you guys could come up with anything along the lines for gear and skills, that wud be kewl.:thumbsup:

Oh ya...i dont have the slightest clue of wtf im doing.:badteeth:

And..yea...dont say. nub this has been posted b4, im not gonna look through 100x pages of threads....unless you can show me where it has been posted.

Thanks. :grin:

2. order

order IncGamers Member

if your new to the assasin i wouldnt really suggest using a build this complex. to make her survive you will need to gear swap cta for claws or a shield weapon combo. i would suggest maybe a trap/ bow combo. also what are your finances? this will help in deciding the gear route that will work best for this build.

3. Desi

Desi IncGamers Member

Well...i can get the hang of swapping and the such, i've built complex chars before. As for my finances...well, i'd just say, give me the best most expensive build you've got...and then a poor man one. I just got banned because of mh like 3 weeks ago, but then again, i have an 08 valk on my hdin already...so ya. best of both

4. Desi

Desi IncGamers Member

any ya, a trap/bowa build wud be fun too...right now im looking for FUN/good builds. Basically, anything that requires tele'ing around shooting running...w/e not like a foh just sit there and charge away...ty

5. dallemar

dallemar IncGamers Member

Seems like it would be hard to justify bow over Blade Fury. My humble thought.

6. HappyAssassin

HappyAssassin IncGamers Member

Bow fires arrows that seek the target. Blade Fury doesn't. 'Nuff said.

7. Desi

Desi IncGamers Member

i like to think of the bow as more efficient, in terms of less aiming...and more useful while teleling around like a crazy mofo :grin:

but you could be right too, mind suggesting a setup?

8. HappyAssassin

HappyAssassin IncGamers Member

Blade Fury is only useful to a WWsin or Kicker as a defensive weapon against low def opponents. When Blade Fury is started, you have to go into this funky "pose" animation that lasts forever. Leaving the animation is slow also. Basically, in PvP, it's an invitation to get hit if you dont have other strong attacks. Bow is a completel different story, Bowsins can be godly. Widowmaker is a must, as is max venom. As for Zaiychich (wizadept) he uses max venom, has many points in kickers (his kick sequences are pretty long), has max Cloak of Shadows and (I assume) points in other shadow skills, Dflight, and several traps for stunning. Probobly max mind blast also, though that's hard to tell in the vids, cause you dont see how long the swirlies last.

That should get you started. The boots could be Shadow Dancers, Up'd Gores or godly Rares, probobly Dancers, but that's a guess. Armor is obviously Enigma. One switch is Widowmaker. The socket in here kinda depends on whether he has max block (i.e. higher dex). If he does, it'll have an Um rune in it most likely. If he doesn't, probobly Hel, cause the dex requirement is steep. Shields I assume are SS and Spirit, depending. Weapons seem to be Fleshripper, Death's Web and Wizardspike, depending on setup. Also there is a claw switch, I'd guess Runic Fury and Jade Talon, since he always runs with BoS in the vids. I'm not sure about the socket in Talon, could be a Shael, could be a 15Res/Something Else jewel. Belt likely Arachnids, Gloves Trangs, rings FCR, Ravens, that kinda stuff. Ammy would be either Sin FCR or Maras, not sure. Helm looks like a circlet. 2/20x/x probobly, but its hard for me to know what he would want in a circlet.

9. wizAdept

wizAdept IncGamers Member

lol @ thread.

As mentioned blade fury is kinda weak for pvp. I do have a point in it and use it on occasion, but its very very rare for an instance to come up when I would bf than switch and guided.

At any budget level its a better idea to build a shadowdisc assassin around bps and goals rather than just copying a gear layout. The goals are mostly similar between the different shadow disc builds (wwsin, kicker, dclaw, bowsin): high venom/ow, high +shadow skills, max mb, 65+ fcr, 86+ fhr, 9fpa trapset.

For kickers aim for 7/3 kicks, bowsins 9fpa guided.
    75block if SS user, 60-62% block if c/c user.
    setups should cover dr/resists or anything else you need for a duel.

There are many ways to get these same goals with different gear setups, the setup I use is just one way of getting them.

HappyAssassin guessed most of my gear correctly, a few things off though. ;p
    I posted my gear at various points on forums, but at the moment I would rather not publicly post the complete build. Here is some of it though, just to clear up some misconceptions:

I use -95% def cloak, slvl 28, 6 point base.
    1 point flight because more points cause shadow to go on suicide missions more often instead of mbing. It's a utility attack, not something to overuse in a duel. I try to avoid using flight in most cases, teletalon is almost always better.
    Max mindblast cause, duh.
    I mix up a few different claw setups, depending on what opponent is. I have 75 all res bowside, so jade is only to stack resist.
    Primary claws are 3venom malice and fury. (fcr/stat ring has replenish for malice)
    Offhand claws are 6venom facet claw and 2/2/50 jade with 30lightres/dex/hp jewel.
    Circlet is 2/20/30/res socketed with res/ias jewel.
    Amulet is Stormhide, east nl.

If stormhide is not an option, take your fcr bps into consideration.
    You can save on dex with 2x ravens and use a 2asn/10fcr/stat amulet.
    or use fcr/stat ring with 2/15/+ amulet and switch helm for something else.
    If you go the trang/arach/fcrring/circlet route for the 65+ bp and shide is not an option, next best choices of amulet are maras or cats eye.
    Cats eye is very gg on low to mid budget kicksins, dex/frw/ias, opens up helm socket for shael which in turn means more vita gcs aka more hp. 15+ ias (% varies depending on BoS level, but its always 1 piece, 15 or 20% ias, should cover it) is required for dweb and widowmaker to hit fastest attack bps on BoS.

10. order

order IncGamers Member

well considering you can afford most anything i can put down in my mind. there are quite a few different setups depending on what type of style you prefer playing.

2/20/2 circlet w/ 2 shael runes
    mp/ dusk enigma
    nef widowmaker
    trang gloves
    uped gores
    arachnid/ spider belt
    ravenfrost (as close to perfect as you can get)
    10fcr 1xxar str/dex/life/mana/res ring (look for as many of these mods as possible)
    maras
    switch: umed wizspike and ber ss
    charms: 1shadow fhr, 8 shadow lifer, lifer scs, anni, torch

this build will allow you to achieve 65% fcr breakpoint in bow side and have a 102 fcr breakpoint in kicker mode. in kicker mode you will have signifigantly higher res, 43% DR, and probably about 60% block. a slight problem with this build is it will be more mana consuming than a more focused anti-caster build.

2/20/ with mods such as ar/ res/ str/ life/ visonary (socket with um/ ber/ 5-5psn die facet depending on what you want)
    mp/ dusk enigma
    um widowmaker
    ias knockback gloves w/ mods
    2 ravenfrosts
    maras
    blood belt w/ 24 fhr (str would be a nice add on) / dungos
    uped gores / shadowdancers
    switch: um wizspike and spirit monarch (32fcr or higher)
    charms: 1 shadow fhr, 8 shadowlifer, life scs, anni, torch

this build has low fcr on bow side, but still achieves the 102 breakpoint in kick mode. this is mainly a build strictly for casters. in kicker mode a high level of ow from bloodbelt, um wiz, and gores will insure a quick kill. it will also achieve the 86% fhr breakpoint. the problem with this build is it will have serious vulnerability to melee attacks. the one advantage is this build will have a plentiful mana pool and regeneration rate which will allow tele/ mb spam with little to no hassle

skill wise i would recommend something similar to this...

20 venom
    2pts mb
    1pt rest of shadow tree
    1-x dtalon (3 or 4 kicks. anything higher will be suicidal)
    1-x dflight (add some extra points here for higher damage and ar)
    20 wof
    rest into fire trap synergies

11. Desi

Desi IncGamers Member

well. thanks yall...big help...and zaiy lol, i dont mean to copy gear layout, i just like such a sin...its a fun thing, was only looking for ideas. i only mentioned your name so people would grasp what the hell im asking. oh and im in op d2pk : ). see ya there.