Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

ISO: Chanters (and others) Against PKs

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by LiftedUp, May 7, 2008.

1. LiftedUp

LiftedUp Diablo: IncGamers Member

ISO: Chanters (and others) Against PKs

I've been running pretty regular games with my lvl 90 (slvl 46 chant) chanter on USEast for the past month and a half or so under the standard title, "I Chant U _." The problem I've been running into more and more regularly is the presence of PKs ruining what I try to keep an otherwise friendly and helpful environment. Now, as I don't use any hacks and have built the char pretty exclusively for chanting in normal and nightmare, most PKs (TPPKs especially) would be able to crush me anyway. I offer what help I can, when I can, but outside of that, I feel pretty trapped. On the one hand, I want to run safe public games, and on the other, PKs make the experience less enjoyable for both myself and the low lvl chars I'm chanting.

I'm looking for any advice or any guidance you have to give. I've thought about asking friends to serve as a kind of security in my games, but it's a waste of their time. I've thought about starting a channel/clan dedicated to safe runs. I don't know. Tell me what you think.

2. LuckyDwarf

LuckyDwarf IncGamers Member

Re: ISO: Chanters (and others) Against PKs

There is no way to make it completely safe, but you can minimize deaths by writing down pking accounts and characters that you come across. Also, for your own sake, either have people leave town and you chant them from inside, or have them wait well inside and you go out and chant everyone, letting no enter the den.

Lucky

3. Tai.

Tai. IncGamers Member

Are they TPPKing with your chant for the damage or using their higher lvl characters?

If they're using your chant, keep a Noko/Spurs in stash and chase them away, shouldn't take more than a few seconds

4. trainwreckkush

trainwreckkush IncGamers Member

how do some ppl chant in town when others have to go outside?

5. edv

edv IncGamers Member

3rd party programs i think. atleast on europe i've seen several 'chant bots' who enchant you in town based on a text trigger. eg. write en_me and the sorc enchants you automatically.

6. MYK

MYK Diablo: IncGamers Member

Yeah, it has to do with third party programs that send commands to the server.

It's funny that there's a way to enchant in town, but you can't do it legit. In town is just about the best place to cast enchant, where you can stash your prebuff setup in your stash right after...

7. AgentMarth

AgentMarth IncGamers Member

Noob!

You can Chant in town if you are the one Enchanting, you just cannot Chant other players because you then try and trade with them. Their Mercs though work.

Your mind must have blanked :p

8. LuckyDwarf

LuckyDwarf IncGamers Member

Ways to chant legitly.

1) If you are in town, you can only target other players if they are outside of town.
    2) If you are out of town, you can target other players inside and outside of town.

Lucky

9. MYK

MYK Diablo: IncGamers Member

Nah. I'll just hand everyone in the party a demon limb before they go out.:grin: