ISO all rounder build for pub games

Creep

Banned
ISO all rounder build for pub games

Basically looking for ideas and suggestions on builds that would fall into the above category.

I Haven't made a PvP character since sometime in 2000. I quit for a few years and came back a few months ago and have been mostly MFing and making a bunch of PvM characters.

I realise that no single PvP build is dominant over all other builds, I'm not asking for that. I'm looking for a build that has a good chance to win most duels against most builds.

I'm looking to step back into PvP after a long absence. I don't have the wealth to keep a full stable of dedicated PvP characters for all occasions. However I am on Ladder and have access to most uniques and runewords, however no access to the really high end stuff like Ber Ber CoA's, high end charms etc.

Just looking for some suggestions. So far have been considering builds like a Boner Nec. ES Blizz sorc. Charger Smiter or Hammerdin based builds among others.

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
Rest of gear is pretty expensive. :shocked:
Lol I'm just assuming if he can afford 9 pcombats, he can afford Griffs and stuff. Not asking him if his entire wealth can afford 9 pcoms, but whether he is in a financial position to leisurely spend 9 pcoms on a char.

If not, go hdin. Most versatile pvm/pvp flexible build.

Emperors

Banned
75 fcr , 86 fhr 4k - 4.5k life , 50 dr , max block hammerdin with grief pb for smite +charge , at least 2 pcombs for 9.2k damage

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
75 is fine .. if you're 125 and PERM odds are you'll blow and have awful tanking ability
if you want 125 put on a hoto or wizspike ..
Rofl? Now I get what you meant. You want a permanent Grief PB on a pure hdin.

Hdin with occasional grief or Liberator please.

Emperors

Banned
Rofl? Now I get what you meant. You want a permanent Grief PB on a pure hdin.

Hdin with occasional grief or Liberator please.
Permanent grief ? HELL No
I like it for some things .. that are harder without a grief such as
Summon Nec
Es Sorc
Some Walkers
Some Druids
Stupid fohers

I like hoto / Wizspike when im dueling in a private game more .. because the added skills and fcr .. they help
resistance is always nice to have also

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
Permanent grief ? HELL No
I like it for some things .. that are harder without a grief such as
Summon Nec
Es Sorc
Some Walkers
Some Druids
Stupid fohers

I like hoto / Wizspike when im dueling in a private game more .. because the added skills and fcr .. they help
resistance is always nice to have also
Hammer>Charge for summon necs imo. Hammer does gg damage to undead. Necs can't use minions as meatshield against hammers like ww or ga

you forget Trappers + Bowers, both one of the main reasons to use Grief.

What is your point here? You're telling him to make a grief wielding hdin with no extra points in charge, and then I tell you thats weird, and now you're saying you wield hoto/wizzy for priv games? like wahduhf?

Emperors

Banned
Hammer>Charge for summon necs imo. Hammer does gg damage to undead. Necs can't use minions as meatshield against hammers like ww or ga

you forget Trappers + Bowers, both one of the main reasons to use Grief.

What is your point here? You're telling him to make a grief wielding hdin with no extra points in charge, and then I tell you thats weird, and now you're saying you wield hoto/wizzy for priv games? like wahduhf?
Summon necs , hammer is fine , revive necs is a whole different story
Grief is okay vs. trappers but I choose to use hammers, and grief vs. stupid pub zons is fine but , as I said before I like to use hammers.

Im not saying make a grief wielding hdin with none into charge , im saying make a pure 125 hammerdin .. and have grief in stash for those tough situations , and for the the average pub grief is probably better , but I choose to use hoto , thats my opinion .. and if you've got a problem with that , too bad.

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
Summon necs , hammer is fine , revive necs is a whole different story
Grief is okay vs. trappers but I choose to use hammers, and grief vs. stupid pub zons is fine but , as I said before I like to use hammers.

Im not saying make a grief wielding hdin with none into charge , im saying make a pure 125 hammerdin .. and have grief in stash for those tough situations , and for the the average pub grief is probably better , but I choose to use hoto , thats my opinion .. and if you've got a problem with that , too bad.
afaik, revives = undead in pvp. no, not whole different story. Desynch with occasional hammers= death to summon nec. Charging is an extremely stupid thing to do when you got 10~k hammers.

Loool? You say grief>hoto for pubs, but you like to use hammer against trappers and bowers?

No, I don't have a problem with your opinion. That is exactly what I've been saying from the beginning. Your first post = 75 fcr. Which is stupid to have on a hdin. Like... speak your thoughts more clearly plz?

Emperors

Banned
afaik, revives = undead in pvp. no, not whole different story. Desynch with occasional hammers= death to summon nec. Charging is an extremely stupid thing to do when you got 10~k hammers.

Loool? You say grief>hoto for pubs, but you like to use hammer against trappers and bowers?

No, I don't have a problem with your opinion. That is exactly what I've been saying from the beginning. Your first post = 75 fcr. Which is stupid to have on a hdin. Like... speak your thoughts more clearly plz?
here we go again, you're starting to bore me
maybe hammers will kill a stupid revive + summon nec but not a good one , why ? because they have bone prison
"Loool? You say grief>hoto for pubs, but you like to use hammer against trappers and bowers?" Maybe not in all cases ,but for the sticky situations hammers wouldnt normally help too much yes
75 FCR is fine , you must be too scared to use it , but im guessing with 125 + grief you must be unperm or have bad tank and be perm.. that often means death.

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
here we go again, you're starting to bore me
maybe hammers will kill a stupid revive + summon nec but not a good one , why ? because they have bone prison
"Loool? You say grief>hoto for pubs, but you like to use hammer against trappers and bowers?" Maybe not in all cases ,but for the sticky situations hammers wouldnt normally help too much yes
75 FCR is fine , you must be too scared to use it , but im guessing with 125 + grief you must be unperm or have bad tank and be perm.. that often means death.
Yeah, and of course, Charging is gg bone prison proof? So you'd rather charge than hammer against bone prison?

Uhh no. hammer CAUSES sticky situation against chars like bowers or trappers. Unless you're gg masta of desynch, its better off with grief charge/smite.

"75 fcr is fine, you must be too scared to use it?" - one of the most retarded post I've seen in a long time. So why not we all make 104% fcr sorcs and windies with maxed griz bear instead of oak, we'll just be prooving ourself we are brave by dumbing down our chars. No. 125% fcr is plain needed for a pure hammy.

Never said 125% while grief hand.

Emperors

Banned
Yeah, and of course, Charging is gg bone prison proof? So you'd rather charge than hammer against bone prison?

Uhh no. hammer CAUSES sticky situation against chars like bowers or trappers. Unless you're gg masta of desynch, its better off with grief charge/smite.

"75 fcr is fine, you must be too scared to use it?" - one of the most retarded post I've seen in a long time. So why not we all make 104% fcr sorcs and windies with maxed griz bear instead of oak, we'll just be prooving ourself we are brave by dumbing down our chars. No. 125% fcr is plain needed for a pure hammy.

Never said 125% while grief hand.
125 fcr isnt needed , you can do fine with 75 , I See your opinion is different then mine , Now shut up and let this thread die.