Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

ISO: A way to kill the ubers very fast

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by DarthLeader, May 30, 2008.

1. DarthLeader

DarthLeader Banned

ISO: A way to kill the ubers very fast

Hi all,

I got a 200 FCR light sorc gathering all the keys I need and I did a tread (http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=660912
    ) about what build could kill the miniubers and the ubers the fastest and people pretty much answered: smiter. One guy went a bit farer in his answer:

1) What build do you use to kill the ubers AND the miniubers very quickly ?
    2) What equipment ?

I have a smiter in NL, but I want to optimise him. Please mention your detailed build (all your points invested) and your full equipment, since I am a paladin noob (it has been way too long since I played any...). I am thinking, among a lot of things, of last wish PB or grief PB, but can't decide. Can't neither decide between fanatism or conviction or both...

Thanks a lot for your help
    DarthLeader

2. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

3. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

Re: ISO: A way to kill the ubers very fast

If your intent is to kill the ubers as fast as possible, then yes, full smite would be indeed the best. You would use LW for most of the uber's life, then switch to grief to finish it off. You will not use life tap, but use amp and LoH instead (well, you might need an outside BO to survive). That's what I think anyways, putting ideas from the 1 point smiter and from the barb forum together. Just to warn you I have never actually tried doing ubers that way, as I opt for safety first.

4. Drakaan

Drakaan IncGamers Member

Click the ubers guide 2 posts above. One point or 20 points wont make a difference. It is a very costly build though specially Exile and Grief. but with your MF you should have plenty of HRs and items to spare.

5. DarthLeader

DarthLeader Banned

I am also looking for personnal experience: grief vs last whish vs death, which is better to kill mini ubers + ubers ?

And what's the best shield ? exile ? up'd hoz ?

DarthLeader

6. Azwype

Azwype IncGamers Member

A big WATCH OUT!!! for Iron Maiden. I lost my hardcore ladder smiter to it a few weeks ago. Other than that he clears everything else out.

7. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

Grief + HoZ/Exile is the way to go.

What to use depends on your other equipment. If you use Dracs, Exile is not really needed, but then you should use a LT charges wand to ensure the uber is under LT from very beginning. HoZ has that advantage that it has higher resists than an Exile (69-72 vs 45), but it has lower defense and no LT.

If you can get lots of resists elsewhere, Exile is the way to go. But beware! It is so expensive you will have to do A LOT of uber runs to regain the investment in that shield. That is, unless you just use a random non-eth [email protected] shield, then it can be cheaper.

LW is generally not very good. True, it has Fade/LT/CB, but those can be gotten from elsewhere, while Grief has +dmg that cannot be found on any other items (except for a few weapons, like the Redeemer). Plus, LW takes 5+ HR's to make. The biggest waste of HR's in the world, IMO.