Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is WF really worth my agony!

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by renounced05, Feb 26, 2004.

1. renounced05

renounced05 Banned

Is WF really worth my agony!

Ok this is sorta a rant abotu trading on Dii and its a question to how good is wf and do i really need it to do good in hell game.
    First off I have been playing Dii for about 5 months and I am still a noob by my consideration and most other peopels. I try to remeber everythign im told but its hard with so much to learn. Ok so to get a wf u need 1-2 290s(this is all non ladder sc us east) so to get a 290 u need some nice stuff, to get nice stuff u need to either play a ton of hours just running around, do hell baal runs, or do pindle runs/andy runs/ pitt runs with a lota mf gear. I have around 130 mf and my computer lags really bad so i cannt do baal runs, and the other options dont owrk because i have to low of mf. So my troubles to get a wf keep increasing. Anyone have any other suggestions on where I can mf at, im level 82 i use a buriza and do about 2k with guided in normal gear, and 1.5k in mf gear.

And is WF really worth???? lol thanks for any help anyone can give
    Renounced
    im on us east /w *renounced2005

2. Radu

Radu IncGamers Member

Windforce is the best bow an amazon can get, its damage is higher than any BotD bow, and it's an amazing weapon. You can also use an upgraded Buriza or a Hellrack, or Eaglehorn.

3. jblakely

jblakely IncGamers Member

WF is an amazing bow and its so much faster than buriza that its just more fun to play with. I price items on E-bay to figure out relative values and a non-ladder WF on east is going for around 4 bucks and 290's are going for about 2 bucks a pop so the values you are quoting are right on the money and thats just the price you will have to pay. The one thing I would suggest with low mf though is to go rune hunting instead of mfing. Rune drop is not based on % mf so even with your battle gear on you have as good a chance as others. Run the act 3 jungles, the pit, durance, the countis, and do your soulstone in nm and hell difficulty. I really dont know about east but on west a WF is going for an upper middle rune, so you can get one for a Gul or Um. Even if its a little higher you can usually add an item or two to a rune and people are more interested in trading, because the rune is so useable these days. If im hunting for them I can usually find a mid level rune in a matter of days so i think thats your best opertunity.

Jack :drink:

4. BlackTiger

BlackTiger IncGamers Member

WF is pretty relatively cheap now, a 6% ml one goes for um on NL and mal on L

5. Shadoway

Shadoway IncGamers Member

Your agony starts with your skill placement. GA as your main attack? FYI, it is 1.10 now.

6. Backdoor Bandit

Backdoor Bandit IncGamers Member

Die 290s DIIIEEE...You are better off giving your items a value in relation to legit items man.

7. jblakely

jblakely IncGamers Member

He is playing non-ladder and the 290, legit or not, is one of the basic currencies. It is no less legit than any other common currency today. The runes on both ladder and non-ladder are mostly duped and so are most of the high jewels and other charms. If you are going to trade in this game you must accept what the market uses as currency. It may not be legit, it may not be right, it may not even be fair, but it is reality. Also remember, if he is trading for a WF he is unlikely to get a legit one anyway so whats wrong with trading non-legit items for non-legit items, I would hate to trade off a legit item to get a dupe.......

Jack :drink:

8. renounced05

renounced05 Banned

DII is just F*ed up then, god y cannt BLiz stop the cheating, it really sickens me, all decent items are worth crap because all the really good items are duped and that brings everythigns value down and it makes things impossibly hard for the new casual gamer like myself.
    Thanks for your help though guys, I am doing hell countess runs and have gotten a shael and 2 hels so far so hopefully soon I can get enough low level runes to trade for a higher level one and then for a wf.
    Thanks again for all the help,
    Renounced

/w *renounced2005 us east

9. Shadoway

Shadoway IncGamers Member

I think on hardcore ladder, only high runes are dupes and a WF has a very good chance of being legit.