Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is Treachery still considered good for Daggermancers? ifra

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Kitriara, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Kitriara

Kitriara IncGamers Member

Is Treachery still considered good for Daggermancers?

http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=372237
    As per this thread...

I'm not sure if this still even works in 1.13 or whatnot, but is Treachery still a sick armor for a Poison Daggermancer?

From reading that other thread the consensus seemed to be that if you just have poison dagger and treachery, its very effective, but with other sources of poison damage, it messes everything up.

I dont know if anyone who is knowledgeable about the current state of the Treachery/Poison Dagger combo can help me out here...

Thanks!!!

2. Obdob

Obdob IncGamers Member

Re: Is Treachery still considered good for Daggermancers?

I just tried it out on my fishy. I used Blackbog's Sharp to get pdagger and got treachery to proc venom. I'm not sure if the damage works or not, but the duration is definitely longer than 0.4 seconds. I ran around on hell difficulty stabbing devilkins in the moor. One stab killed them after a few seconds, that's with a lvl 5 pdagger and 15 venom and no synergies. Of course Blackbog's already has 488 psn damage over 10 seconds.

3. minuses

minuses IncGamers Member

Im not too sure about that. Maybe coh would be a good option considering resist and +2 skills.

4. Doctor Clock

Doctor Clock IncGamers Member

I used Treachery in 1.12 and 1.13 on my Daggermancer. As far as I can tell, there was no difference in damage and nothing in the patch notes suggest that Blizzard changed how Venom and Poison Dagger works. It is a very good armor and I don't think I'd use anything else on a Daggermancer.

5. Kitriara

Could you elaborate at all? Did you have 1-2, or several other sources of poison damage as well? I'd love to know how this worked for you.

The damage increase was quite noticeable then? I can only imagine the LCS doesnt display it remotely right...

6. Sonolegolas

Sonolegolas IncGamers Member

i'm not sure but I think the damage of venom gets spread out over the duration of the poison dagger poison effect.

7. Kitriara

I've been using the 1.13 Poison Damage Calculator from this site. If its calculations are correct, Treachery definitely gives a massive boost to Poison Dagger, IF they are the only two poison items used.

If I use a Blackbogs, however, and DONT use Treachery, with the poison on the weapon and the +skills to Poison Dagger, I can basically do just as much, if not more.

Interesting to play with the numbers...

8. onderduiker

onderduiker IncGamers Member

When you combine Poison Dagger, Venom and poison damage items, the combined rates (poison damage per frame or per second) of PD, Venom and items are added together and applied for the combined length of PD and Venom.

Combining level 25 PD with 40 points in synergy skills and 488 Poison Damage Over 10 Seconds from Blackbog's Sharp Unique Cinquedeas results in approximately 16,128-16,963 poison damage over 21.6 seconds (746-785 per second).

Adding Treachery armour's 25% Chance to Cast Level 15 Venom on Striking results in approximately 18,110-19,174 poison damage over 12 seconds (1,509-1,597 per second).

Adding Chains of Honour armour's +2 All Skills instead results in approximately 18,536-19,403 poison damage over 22.4 seconds (827-866 per second).

In that very limited example Treachery always results in a much higher rate but Chains of Honour results in slightly higher total damage. However, as you add skill bonuses, +% Poison Skill Damage and -% Enemy Poison Resistance, casting Venom will result in both higher rate and higher total damage.

See the Poison Skills Information thread in the Mouldy Tome or the Wiki's Calculating Poison Damage page for more details, particularly about how multiple poison damage items affect PD's length without Venom (when Venom is cast, adding poison damage items can never result in lower total damage, although their rates don't add much compared to those of PD and Venom).

9. Kitriara

Ah, onderduiker, thank you SO much. That perfectly explained what I'd been failing to grasp for some reason.

The reduced duration is the piece of the puzzle that I wasn't seeing. I think I will definitely be making this for my Daggermancer in that case!