Is this worth the runes for Exile?

Subpoena

Diabloii.Net Member
Is this worth the runes for Exile?

I just found a four socket Protector shield with an inherent +43 to all resists? I immediately thought it would be perfect for Exile since the defense would be upped so much, but I want to be sure. Thanks for the feedback!

Subpoena

Diabloii.Net Member
strength_honor said:
only use elite Etherals.
Yes, but won't that just result in the Exile shield becoming worthless when the durability wears out? I guess it could make a nice Iron golem before it went poof, but not much of a long term item. Am I missing something? That's been known to happen.

Lunatic

Diabloii.Net Member
Subpoena said:
Yes, but won't that just result in the Exile shield becoming worthless when the durability wears out? I guess it could make a nice Iron golem before it went poof, but not much of a long term item. Am I missing something? That's been known to happen.
You want to make exile but you don't even know the mods? Repairs 1 Durability in 4 Seconds means it won't break.

Subpoena

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks. Not much of a practicing pally, but thought I might give it a try if I could scap together the right goodies. Ah, well, back to the hunt.

Subpoena

Diabloii.Net Member
Lunatic said:
You want to make exile but you don't even know the mods? Repairs 1 Durability in 4 Seconds means it won't break.
Well, upon looking back, it is worth mentioning that the Repairs Durability mod is NOT listed in diabloii.net's own listing of rune word characteristics. As such, I don't think I was being too ignorant . . . at least not more than normal. The mods are listed as:

Name-and-IngredientsRuneWord BonusesCommentsExile
Vex + Ohm + Ist + Dol
Clvl Required: 15% Chance To Cast Level 5 Life Tap On Striking
Level 16 Defiance Aura When Equipped
+2 To Offensive Auras (Paladin Only)
+30% Faster Block Rate
Freezes Target
+220-260% Enhanced Defense (varies)
Replenish Life +7
+5% To Maximum Cold Resist
+5% To Maximum Fire Resist
25% Better Chance Of Getting Magic Items

ROMVS

Diabloii.Net Member
Subpoena said:
Well, upon looking back, it is worth mentioning that the Repairs Durability mod is NOT listed in diabloii.net's own listing of rune word characteristics. As such, I don't think I was being too ignorant . . . at least not more than normal. The mods are listed as:

Name-and-IngredientsRuneWord BonusesCommentsExile
Vex + Ohm + Ist + Dol
Clvl Required: 15% Chance To Cast Level 5 Life Tap On Striking
Level 16 Defiance Aura When Equipped
+30% Faster Block Rate
Freezes Target
Replenish Life +7
That's probably why you should be looking at the blizz website instead?

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runewords.shtml

15% Chance To Cast Level 5 Life Tap On Striking
Level 13-16 Defiance Aura When Equipped (varies)
+30% Faster Block Rate
Freezes Target
Replenish Life +7
Repairs 1 Durability in 4 Seconds

tydon

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, most people assume dii.net is correct the majority of the time. Dont blame him for the errors of the site, as blizzard's site has been wrong a number of times also.

ROMVS

Diabloii.Net Member
tydon said:
Well, most people assume dii.net is correct the majority of the time. Dont blame him for the errors of the site, as blizzard's site has been wrong a number of times also.
Not blaming him, that's probably why I showed him the right link? I trust the blizz website more since they are corrected by a larger group of people, people like us. Am I right?

eviljr. said:
lol, sry to break it to u ward is not a pali sheild exile requires pali sheilds....
I should just mute you to save me from the headaches you give me...

Remember how it was explained to you that I like to be sarcastic? Please read a little further into a post next time.

eviljr.

Diabloii.Net Member
fonis toastes said:
I should just mute you to save me from the headaches you give me...

Remember how it was explained to you that I like to be sarcastic? Please read a little further into a post next time.
oh yah, the "bah"part... lol

memememe173

Diabloii.Net Member
blade barriers have higher smite damage and troll nests have higher defense (your a pally low blocking on the shield!?! WTF is THAT!?!!?111

Subpoena

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, I didn't mean to stir up a hornet's nest of incongruencies with my post. Just a poor, young adventurer trying to make his way in the the world. Upon the advice given here, I opted to sell the shield to Larzuk to fund my continuing quest for uber leetness, which I hear comes with sense of satisfaction and a side of fries.

In the future, I will look to both here and Blizz before posting inqueries. Of course, if both are capable of being wrong, how does a mere noob (a.k.a. anyone whose leetness is less than uber) know whom to trust? Ah, the drama . . .

ROMVS

Diabloii.Net Member
Subpoena said:
Well, I didn't mean to stir up a hornet's nest of incongruencies with my post. Just a poor, young adventurer trying to make his way in the the world. Upon the advice given here, I opted to sell the shield to Larzuk to fund my continuing quest for uber leetness, which I hear comes with sense of satisfaction and a side of fries.

In the future, I will look to both here and Blizz before posting inqueries. Of course, if both are capable of being wrong, how does a mere noob (a.k.a. anyone whose leetness is less than uber) know whom to trust? Ah, the drama . . .
Welcome to pala forums. You already sound like a vet. Heh. Not that I'm one of those uber leet people. :lol: