is this viable

pbrdrinker

Diabloii.Net Member
is this viable

i am wanting to make a duel claw assasin using only MA and SD trees NO TRAPS NO SHIELD. will it stand up in hell? if so what would be my best cioces in skills. i would really like to try to be as invisible as possible. and have a shadow master or warrior with me. i was thinking of putting most of my points to CM,WB,CoS,SM the main problem i see here is where am i gonna get enuf points then for my MA tree also what seems to be the best begining finishing combo i was thinking going PS/DC. what do you all think?

ilkori

Diabloii.Net Member
Pheonix Strike is the best way to do it. There are a few differences between the "best" combo and what you have listed, but it's basically the same thing. Also, the standard build includes one trap (Blade Fury), but that is only "needed" for hardcore.

Skills:
20 Phoenix Strike
20 Synergy #1 (Typically lightning)
15-20 Synergy #2 (Typically fire)
1 Dragon Claw (finisher)
1 CoS, CM, Venom, MB, BoS (DO NOT max CoS or BoS)
5ish WB (I aim for lvl 10 with +skills)
Rest into Shadow (Master or Warrior; maxed or lvl 18 with adders), then 3rd synergy or split Dragon Claw/Claw Mastry.

Natalya's set with Bartucs works very well for this build. The synergies also act as attacking skills since you get two charges per click.

pbrdrinker

Diabloii.Net Member
ilkori said:
Pheonix Strike is the best way to do it. There are a few differences between the "best" combo and what you have listed, but it's basically the same thing. Also, the standard build includes one trap (Blade Fury), but that is only "needed" for hardcore.

Skills:
20 Phoenix Strike
20 Synergy #1 (Typically lightning)
15-20 Synergy #2 (Typically fire)
1 Dragon Claw (finisher)
1 CoS, CM, Venom, MB, BoS (DO NOT max CoS or BoS)
5ish WB (I aim for lvl 10 with +skills)
Rest into Shadow (Master or Warrior; maxed or lvl 18 with adders), then 3rd synergy or split Dragon Claw/Claw Mastry.

Natalya's set with Bartucs works very well for this build. The synergies also act as attacking skills since you get two charges per click.
thank you but i have a few questions still what is synergy. and can i get away without putting points into enery. and about how much dex. so you think i should have 1 in BoS i was just ganna ignor it. and i should not max CoS why is this?

ilkori

Diabloii.Net Member
I think you should read some guides and FAQs. :D

In 1.10, a synergy boosts another skill directly. For example, Fists of Fire boosts the fire charge on Pheonix Strike (and vice versa).

I leave energy at base all the time. Dexterity is either enough to maintain max blocking (depends on shield and character level; max block is 75%), or enough to wear claws if dual-claw. 118 is the highest (IIRC).

Burst of Speed is needed to get a decent attack speed, you do need it.

Cloak of Shadows increases duration with points. You cannot cast another one until the previous one wears off. The most important part is the blinding effect, so short durations are better.

pbrdrinker

Diabloii.Net Member
ilkori said:
I think you should read some guides and FAQs. :D

In 1.10, a synergy boosts another skill directly. For example, Fists of Fire boosts the fire charge on Pheonix Strike (and vice versa).

I leave energy at base all the time. Dexterity is either enough to maintain max blocking (depends on shield and character level; max block is 75%), or enough to wear claws if dual-claw. 118 is the highest (IIRC).

Burst of Speed is needed to get a decent attack speed, you do need it.

Cloak of Shadows increases duration with points. You cannot cast another one until the previous one wears off. The most important part is the blinding effect, so short durations are better.
cool thank you i actually have read most of the guides but i must have missed about the synerges. thank you for you patience.

Deaths Jaws

Diabloii.Net Member
i must say now that ive found the best assasin ive ever made that never used traps was a kicker with maxed poison and level 18 is dragon claw (the kicking skill not the tele one...it was a while ago since i used her :) )

she had a load of crushing blow gear also and ended up having maxed IAS and resists in hell even wen NOT using BoS or Fade. i has butuks w/ sheal rune and perfect jades (got lucky with hell meph :) ) socketed with a 14% res all/+3 life regen jewel i got off nm andy.

she had CoH as the main armour but i also had a breast pleat enigma i had from a mate that quit in her stash for dueling or mf running bosses.

she was pretty good. the posion did the work of keeping the health down and not regenerating and kicking almost always kept them in hit recovery due to the knockbak from the kick and the gloves i had (crafted ones)

looking bak on the build i woulndnt max posion and i would go for traps instead of maxing my shadow master as well (freeing up a crapload of skill points) but this build was lots of fun

Liliel

Diabloii.Net Member
Given the questions you're asking, I'm guessing you're new to the game and perhaps don't have many items? In that case, you might have a hard time with an Assassin. Don't get me wrong, it's a good class, it's just that they are more difficult for beginners due to liberal hotkey use, and they're one of the more gear dependant classes in my opinion.

Evil Monkey

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm interested in the same thing as pbrdrinker (C/C, Martial Arts (PS) and no traps), and then I found a PS guide on gamefaqs (not the brightest bulb's in the cake, I know, but there werent any guides here) who suggests these skills:

--------------

20 Phoenix Strike
20 Dragon Claw
20 Claws of Thunder
20 Claw Mastery
19 Fists of Fire
1 Mind Blast

all remaining points for prereqs

--------------

I plan on using Nat's, Bartuc and "the usual" (ie. Mara, Arach etc.)

I know that's a LOT of points, but due to the relative low damage on claws, I figured an offensive build would be somewhat smart. Of course the DC damage isn't that high when, but the AR is.
Yet a second merc never hurts a melee-character...

ilkori

Diabloii.Net Member
With all that physical, don't forget to upgrade your Bartucs! If you can afford it, an up'd zod'd pair wouldn't be a bad idea.

Dragon Claw and Claw Mastery are the two you want to max last. If you are really concerned about AR, then Angelics or high AR Ravens are the way to go.

Evil Monkey

Diabloii.Net Member
Had hoped you would agree less :(

I do plan on upgrading my Bartuc, but the zod'd eth ones will have to wait :eek:

Anyway, I'm planning on using the Angelic Ring/Amu until something better comes along, so I think I'd take 19 of the points in DC to distribute:

- 1 BoS
- 3-4 WB
- 3 prereqs
- rest Shadow Master

ilkori

Diabloii.Net Member
I kinda assumed you'd have those without counting up the points... heh. I always dump 1 BoS, 1 Venom, 1 CoS/MB. 1 for Blade Fury in the Chaos Sanctuary as well.

You can take most of the points out of Claw Mastery as well. The shadows work best when they have enough points to function. The Master works well with 17, even better at 18. Warrior isn't my specialty...