is this true of all guys?

ZeppelinAngel

Diabloii.Net Member
is this true of all guys?

well i was just wondering.. do most guys run out and try to find another girl to be with/do things with right after they break up with their girlfriends?

i'm a bit confused right now :scratch:
 

Ev_

Diabloii.Net Member
You can never say something mentally related is true of all guys or girls. Even if it seems like 99.9999999999999% of guys/girls are one way, there's always at least one exception.
 

thejdawg2

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd say it goes about 50/50. Although there are those who believe that the best way to get over someone is to get under someone, that's actually a female phrase, and more common among girls I have found...



Addendum: isn't it more likely that a guy who is trying to get on girls has a higher probability of trying to do so again immediately after a breakup? Just a simple return to normal behavior?

Second addendum: why do some people feel the need to keep track of their exes like they have some sort of ownership?
 

Borlag

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't know about the rest of the guys but both times that I've broken up with someone, I've been alone for quite some time before even wanting another relationship. Just plain sex never interested me that much, if there's no feelings involved then it's not for me, so I do mean alone.

As for other relationships I've had, well let's not get into that again...
 

ZeppelinAngel

Diabloii.Net Member
i dunno.. i was his first gf.. for 2.5 years, yesterday (a week after i left his house after he broke up with me), my 'friend' (who said she wouldn't touch him) made out with him, and he enjoyed it a lot, may not seem like much but.. i doubt they'll stop there :(

jdawg, i am not keeping track of him, but when he looks in my eyes crying and tells me he loves me right before i leave, then goes and does something that he promised he wouldn't do the minute he doesn't have to look at me anymore.. is pretty crappy
 

Crispyknight

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd say this is a passive-aggressive attempt to hurt you emotionally. Most "rebound" partners don't last for too long anyway. Don't let it bother you, and it will go away soon. (oh, yes, and men are pigs)
 

thejdawg2

Diabloii.Net Member
ZeppelinAngel said:
jdawg, i am not keeping track of him, but when he looks in my eyes crying and tells me he loves me right before i leave, then goes and does something that he promised he wouldn't do the minute he doesn't have to look at me anymore.. is pretty crappy
Oh? How did you know he made out with her? And more importantly, how did you know he enjoyed it?
 

ZeppelinAngel

Diabloii.Net Member
thejdawg2 said:
Oh? How did you know he made out with her? And more importantly, how did you know he enjoyed it?
because he so willingly informed me himself, he has no desire to hide it from me
 

Fallen_62

Diabloii.Net Member
well, in middle school i had 3 girlfriend in the 3 different grades... we went out through the school year, and broke up like before the summer break... then i went out with some1 else the next year... although 6th to 7th grade, i broke up with my gf, and almost immediately started going out with an ex again... but that was kind of a technicality, as my gf was going to antoher school, and the ex was her best friend, and the gf knew the ex still liked me... and yea... its kinda weird...

but now, if i broke up with the gf i am with now (which i hope doesnt happen... ever), it would prolly be a long time b4 i went out with a girl again... unless they asked me, and i liked them...

but that dont happen too often... cuz when a girl asks me, they are usually either highly obsessed with me, and it freaks me out, or they are dumber than a box of rocks, and cant carry on a good conversation, etc...

so yea... i normally wouldnt go out with another girl a week or so after i broke up with someone...
 

thejdawg2

Diabloii.Net Member
ZeppelinAngel said:
because he so willingly informed me himself, he has no desire to hide it from me
Which means that you are still talking. For that to happen, one of a few things must occur.

The most common: you vowed to remain friends. But just friends. Obviously you still have feelings for him, so any mention that he makes of girls is particularly painful. Making it pretty much impossible for a real friendship to happen. Things will get awkward, since you can't really talk and things will fizzle out.

You still talk like boyfriend/girlfriend. Most likely because one of you couldn't handle the breakup as well as one would have hoped, and hoping that still talking like you did before will make it easier. It's unhealthy and it won't.

One of you is hoping that this talking will somehow fix whatever problems caused you to break up. It won't.



Addendum: poster above me...are you like...13 or so? If so, it hurts now, but won't for long. It wasn't love, or anything close. These kinds of things happen when you're that young. Often.
 

ZeppelinAngel

Diabloii.Net Member
thejdawg2 said:
Which means that you are still talking. For that to happen, one of a few things must occur.
thejdawg2 said:
The most common: you vowed to remain friends. But just friends. Obviously you still have feelings for him, so any mention that he makes of girls is particularly painful. Making it pretty much impossible for a real friendship to happen. Things will get awkward, since you can't really talk and things will fizzle out.

You still talk like boyfriend/girlfriend. Most likely because one of you couldn't handle the breakup as well as one would have hoped, and hoping that still talking like you did before will make it easier. It's unhealthy and it won't.

One of you is hoping that this talking will somehow fix whatever problems caused you to break up. It won't.





i still talk to him, only a little each day though, i don't force myself on him or anything like that, i know that we're never going to be 'fixed' and i'm not trying to get him to be my boyfriend again anymore.. i've (finally) realised that he has no desire to be with me

the break up was hard enough, i can't bare to not even be friends with him, that will be almost as hard as breaking up was
 

ZeppelinAngel

Diabloii.Net Member
thejdawg2 said:
Then why do you still talk to him at all?
because i'm stupid?

i can't explain why i still want to talk to him, sometimes i wonder myself, it's just like i don't want to completely let go or something
 

Fallen_62

Diabloii.Net Member
thejdawg2 said:
Addendum: poster above me...are you like...13 or so? If so, it hurts now, but won't for long. It wasn't love, or anything close. These kinds of things happen when you're that young. Often.
im 17... i was recalling my "younger" days in middle school... i am/was over them like the next day... but the girl i am with now would take a hell of a lot longer than that... but yea... dont need to talk about that, cuz it has almost been 6 months, and we is goin strong, woot!
 

Crispyknight

Diabloii.Net Member
ZeppelinAngel said:
because i'm stupid?

i can't explain why i still want to talk to him, sometimes i wonder myself, it's just like i don't want to completely let go or something
Its a normal reaction when you've formed an attachment with someone. Don't listen to the hard-hearted among us, you aren't doing anything "wrong". Perhaps not the best thing you can do for your mental health, but nothing overtly self-destructive.
 

Voldemort

Diabloii.Net Member
ZeppelinAngel said:
well i was just wondering.. do most guys run out and try to find another girl to be with/do things with right after they break up with their girlfriends?

i'm a bit confused right now :scratch:
I have been split from my wife for over 4 months right now and I have no plans on another woman anytime soon
 

Sergeant

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, "right away" is probably different for most people. For me, it's whenever I find someone else I'm interested in and connect with. If it's the next day or months later. After my wife left me and all that, I didn't find someone I wanted to be with until almost 3 months later and about a week before my annulment was granted. So, it just depends on the situation, more than a broad spectrum gender trait.

For the most part, I would say a guy who was in a relationship with someone they really liked and it ended, they would want to find something that made them as happy soon, because there's a void that needs filled. It's not a good or bad thing, it's just how emotions are.
 

Underseer

Diabloii.Net Member
Rebound relationships always end badly. I avoid them like the plague. The time after a breakup is a good time to distract yourself with a new hobby... like Diablo! :)
 

ZeppelinAngel

Diabloii.Net Member
Underseer said:
Rebound relationships always end badly. I avoid them like the plague. The time after a breakup is a good time to distract yourself with a new hobby... like Diablo! :)

is it bad that i can't wait to see his little fling with her fail? i'm going to laugh when it does
 
Top