Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is this spamming?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by (Ø=M)^42, Mar 26, 2004.

1. (Ø=M)^42

(Ø=M)^42 IncGamers Member

2. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

I dont consider it spamming since you asked a while ago and got no responses there.

However, I fall in the category of use what you find and decide what best for your playstyle as you go along. Every guide I read contains items like Shako, SOJ, and Goreriders none of which I have ever seen the likes of. But I have made builds that make it into Hell and survive with just the things I find. Sometimes those rare items can be more powerful then any unique item can be. it is all on how you use that item and if the item matches your playstyle. For instance the +2 traps +17 resist all +X str. ... Circlet I found while going through normal with my trapsin. Since my trapsin is a trap tree only this circlet was almost as powerful as having a unique helm.

In general having +skills and mods that add life/mana, LL/ML, PDR, Resistances, and MF as well as ED% are what you are looking for Uniques are great items but if they are not what you need then whats the point. It seems as though you already have an idea of what you wanna use so try it out and see which works best for you.

3. Spook_Cell

Spook_Cell IncGamers Member

Well I would use LionHeart instead of the armors you listed but if I had to choose go with Shaftstop since you need the DR% with your low vitality. Souldrainer would be better in most situations but keep laying of hands around for act bosses. Well the boots would really depend they both have some good mods but if you plan on playing with high /player8 a lot Gore Riders might not be as good because the Crushing Blow doesn't stack with players. For belt either Razortail, Verdungo's or String of Ears if you need more life leech. Highlord's Wrath could be useful as an amulet as well and for rings obviously Raven Frost and the other could just be what you need (mana or life leech, resistances, etc.). Also 17 in valk after +skills is all you need because that's when it gets all her extra equip and she should be plenty strong enought to tank almost anything.

4. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

I would use these:

Laying of Hands
    Gore Rider
    Razortail
    Bul-Katho's Wedding Band

Im not sure which armor would be best, but I would suggest Duriels's Shell. You can't kill gloams with javelins, they are LI and without any resist in armor you will be in troubles with your bow. PDR on Shaft is nice, but you will have very low hp, so it will not help much if you get surrounded

Is Charged Strike needed? Im sure you will have serious AR problems if you put only 1 point to Penetrate. I would forget CS and contrate on getting enough AR

20 Strafe
    20 Valkyrie
    20 Lightning Fury
    15 Penetrate
    5 Critical Strike

For me that setup looks like better but remember that I have never made a hybridzon

5. My_Immortal6

My_Immortal6 IncGamers Member

Personally, I believe you should put more skill points into vitality. That aside, you do not need a synergy for lightning fury. Use one point in Jab as your left click attack when you are throwing javelins. More points in Penetrate makes life in hell much easier. It also helps your Valkyrie's attack rating. I put three points into CS and D/A/E. I don't think you need much more here.

Thats all I can think of right now. Hope this helps some.

6. TekkaZeroX

TekkaZeroX IncGamers Member

Personally, my lvl. 92 Frost/Fury Maiden has done well with this setup:

Skills:
    17 Cold Arrow
    17 Freeze Arrow
    18 Valkyrie
    18 Lightning Fury
    18 Charged Strike
    Rest in prerequisite and passive skills

Items:
    Upgraded Lycander's Aim
    Eth Titan's Revenge
    Stormshield w/PDiamond
    Griffon's Eye w/Lightning Facet
    Naj's Light Plate w/Lightning Facet
    Rare Gloves with 20% Increased Attack Speed and lots of resistance
    Gore Rider
    Thundergod's Vigor
    Rare Amulet with +2 Amazon Skill Lvl and 8% mana steal
    Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band
    Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band

+1 Acrobatic Grand Charm

Granted my build does not shoot with Strafe, I find that I penetrate quiet a lot with Freeze Arrow. I just cannot see putting 15 points into it. However, I would put more investment into those passive skills than I did, since I heavily rely on +skill items to be effective.

The only skill that I must say was the best investment for my amazon was Charged Strike. It really helps against bosses or big creatures. I would almost dare say it is even more potent than Lightning Fury. I would invest into it. That is why I posted my build. It really is good to have.

Also, I have 180 stat points into Vitality. That really helps not dying.