Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

IS this sorce viable for 1.10 PVP?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by IndianPride, Mar 24, 2004.

1. IndianPride

IndianPride IncGamers Member

IS this sorce viable for 1.10 PVP?

20 FO
    20 CM
    20 Ice bolt (synergy)
    20 Telekinesis
    10 ?? (someone tell me how many skills) in eigther Frozen Armour, Chilling Armour and Shiver Armour, not sure which one gets effected by Telekinesis..
    1 or a couple (doubt it being more than 1 or 2) in Teleport
    Rest in Warmth
    Please tell me any other skills which are useful in today's d2...

I'm new to 1.10...

cheers :thumbsup:

Edit: Typos and forgot to add one skill lol

2. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

telekinesis helps out energy shield. you can cast e-shield from a wep on switch, so you need to waste skill points getting it unless you want to pump it up to base 10 or something.

in pvp the cold armors don't help. one possible place to pump the remainder of points is teleport. lowering the cost of teleport (no more than lvl 24) makes you recover mana faster than more warmth in pvp.

3. IndianPride

YEa crap i made a mistake, just forget about about the crappy cold shield skills, i meant Energy shield...

Alright thanks

The Problem is i'm just thinking that a plain Orb PVP sorc would be alright, but really boring using just one skills. In 1.09 i used a lot of TS...is there a 1.10 build for having TS + Orb? Just curious...

4. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

you still can do TS, its just less effective. but if i remember right, it never was the main killer, just something you used to manipulate the opponents gear.

as far as replacing it: it is the only offensive passive skill.

5. FiNaLoRgYkKzOn

FiNaLoRgYkKzOn Banned

being effective in pvp with orb requires pretty good gear...well against absorb/res....2xsojs, arach, nighwing, hoto, viper, sanctuary, 10xcold gcs with min 12 life, 9 vita scs, 1 good anni is gonna be my gear..with some absorb other varients for diff ppl

6. DaemonX

DaemonX IncGamers Member

TS is a poor choice for cold PvP sorc now.

She needs to max 2 more skills to make it effective, and few +skills will be devoted to it.

Consider maxing Warmth or Blizzard as alternatives.

7. awjl

awjl IncGamers Member

i always dont recommend orb + ts in 1.10 pk. Both are too easily absorbed.

in 1.10 it's blizzard for cold skills that rule.

8. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

TS isn't a great dmg dealer, but it is used for other things. in iether case, it can't be dismissed outright.

i will gaurentee you if you only have blizzard maxed and none of its synergies, you will be worse off than going with TS. 2 timered spells isn't a good idea for pvp, 2 timered spells from the same tree is just out there. it takes away the only mild advantage of having 2 timered spells.

9. Jowy

Jowy IncGamers Member

Don't get TS in 1.10, it's no good.
    It does the same damage as in 1.09, but the PvP penalty is raised from 1/4 to 1/6, so the effective damage is much lower.
    Besides that, TS doesn't have any synergies, and Amazons can dodge it even.

It's a waste of skill points, your current build looks OK. Don't put more than 1 point in the Cold Armours, Shiver Armour gives the most Def, but it's not necessary to get one at all.

Split your remaining points between Warmth and Teleport, or add a few points to ES if you are proficient at Teleporting and don't get hit too often.

10. amazon

amazon Banned

1200 orb damage isn't too easily absorbed.. and for those of you in ladder, that should be 1500..

ive only had a handful of people absorb my orb

11. lepermessiah187

lepermessiah187 IncGamers Member

HOTO...that wont do anything that a occy wouldnt damage wise..my pally with 75 resist/2raven/blackoak...doesnt get hurt by orb unless the damage is over 900 or so. so yea, u need pretty elite gear to be a viable orb sorc...if u like cold sorcs...i recommend blizzard.

12. IndianPride

YEa i made my sorc..my char is RAMAS-DREAM, and i pretty much dont have trouble handling any class, except my own Blizz Sorces (god i hate them), and worst of all FireBall Sorces (Mother $^%ers34543). Barbs are for some reason realyl easy to handle, necros are phathetic, one orb they die, let alone Blizz, PAlly's are really bad in pvp, blah blah blah.