Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is this some type of weird BNet slang?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Lord Nyax, Oct 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

Is this some type of weird BNet slang?

Mkay, so I made a game to get offers on my SC, called "Script SC 4 Hrs" where I described the SC in the game description. I got 7 people to enter. 4 of them asked to see my PCombs...2 of them had no clue what an SC was...and I got one guy who offered me a Lem for my 20 life 33 ar SC. Am I doing something wrong here, or is BNet just that dumb?

On that note, I've been trying to see how often people look at what they're trading. I ask for 2 HRs for an Organset, then try and trade people Khalim's Organs. So far, 2 out of 10 people have accepted...so that means that 4/5's, or 80% of BNet is semi-intelligent...confusing.

2. adecoy

adecoy IncGamers Member

ebay does interesting things to games

3. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

It's the second one. Countless times people have joined my "item xxx for your item yyy", only to bring item zzz.

4. kuafu

kuafu IncGamers Member

You meant begging for item zzz right?:wink3:

5. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

6. MapleBarb

MapleBarb IncGamers Member

bnet is that dumb.

7. pera

pera IncGamers Member

If i read this correctly you are scamming people and brag here about it. Not very nice. I would say that is what you are doing wrong. :sad2:

8. Kull

Kull IncGamers Member

read the sentence in front of what you copied and you'll understand better ...

9. Big Boss

Big Boss IncGamers Member

10. dennabsawi

dennabsawi Banned

If they accepted are you honestly telling me you didn't?

So what your saying is you pretend to scam but you don't scam you just want to see how easy it is to scam even though your not scamming?

Hmmmm?

How is this post not a person bragging about how easy it is to scam.?

11. Gorny

Gorny Banned

*pulls up a chair*

*Dredd pulls up a chair*

12. lagalot

lagalot IncGamers Member

heh at least they knew you were trading charms..asking to see pcombs in place of sc is pretty funny.

People join my trade games and ask for help killing diablo or some other boss and when I tell them its done in the game they go Ill make another and come join and help me...hmm and the reason Im in this trade game was....??:banghead:

13. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

K, update. Erm..., first off, idiots with 12 posts, I'm not "bragging" about how "easy it is to scam". One person has lost HRs to this "scam", and I immediately gave them back, to his great relief. The other person that accepted was already done with the quest, so the trade aborted automatically. I'm not bragging, I'm giving a statistic. It shows that 4/5 people on BNet are relatively intelligent, which contrasts with my experience with the SC trading. Please...if you're going to spam, spam in a thread that is isn't...new. :evil:

Now that that's over, I have a new story. I made a game called "Bring Bk Ring", and waited for a while. After a couple minutes, a Barbarian comes in and says "I need BK, you ahve?" (yes, ahve). So I tell him: "No, I want you to bring the BK Ring. Notice the title." He then proceeds to sit around in my game, spamming all the people that come with offers for Pul runes...they all leave immediately, thinking that HE made the game. BNet is awesome.

Also, I like the two pieces you guys gave. We should make a compilation...and depress ourselves with it...

14. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle IncGamers Member

We can't really blame the kiddies because hours upon hours of constant B.net barrages have desintegrated most of their brain cells and have mutilated their brains to a pulp.

15. dennabsawi

dennabsawi Banned

Acceptable retort for this forum?>>>>>>

A little criticism for what I viewed as an irresponsible exchange of scamming strategy does not warrant flaming, regardless of my "post count". Over 500 posts and you don't know the damn rules buddy. People shouldn't provide scam strategies anymore then they should provide links to hack programs.

You called me an idiot, straight up. Are you allowed to do this only if you have a high enough post count?

Spam? You must be referring to the processed meat by-product.

16. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

K, last reponse to this thread, ever, so that it doesn't get locked. Let's go through this by numbers, shall we?
    1. I'm not allowed to say idiot, but you're allowed to say damn? ...k.
    2. You're right, I shouldn't give you ideas on how to scam people...I wouldn't want you get ideas...sorry for assuming that you have a reasonable amount of self-control. I'll keep that in mind from now on.
    3. See my first sentence of this post.
    K, thanks for tuning into the newbie-update-post of the week! :thumbsup:

17. dennabsawi

dennabsawi Banned

I didn't call you a "damn", and if I did it wouldn't make any sense would it?
    Brother, I just don't think it's a good idea to offer scams to the kiddies and noobcakes watching. I've been around for years and I know every scam out there.

Idiot? Newbie? Why not try for the hat trick and insult me for a third time?

18. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

@ Lord Nyax & dennabsawi: Enough of this guys. You're both flaming, nobody wants to read it. Step back, take a deep breath, let it go.

Lord Nyax: If you call someone an idiot, how do you think s/he's going to react to it? Honestly, defend yourself if you feel you're being attacked unfairly, but stop the name calling. If you can't, report the thread and let Gorny and me take care of it.

dennabsawi: If you feel you're being flamed, same deal, report the thread to Gorny and me ... and don't keep flaming away. Maybe you haven't noticed but it doesn't solve the problem or prove anything to anybody.

Closing this. If either of you have further concerns, you are welcome to send me a PM and I'll be happy to listen and offer advice.

19. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Dredd beat me to it, but I agree with him 100%.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.