Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

is this possible?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Rice_Farmer3, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Rice_Farmer3

Rice_Farmer3 IncGamers Member

is this possible?

is it possible to play as a d2 original char, get the items that were easy to get (the big example being SOJs), convert to expansion, then be rich with a muleful of sojs?

2. riddyl

riddyl IncGamers Member

I don't think so. If it were possible SOJ's would be worth far far less than they are now - as would alot of other items. Maybe someone could confirm this?

3. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

yes and no. Your action is correct, but your premise is flawed.

You can play on d2 classic as long as you like and stockpile whatever classic items you can find before converting to LOD.

The problem is that SOJs aren't really easier to find in Classic. You'd be playing D2 Classic v1.10, not an earlier version where you could force the game to drop an soj when a unique ring dropped.

4. Rice_Farmer3

Rice_Farmer3 IncGamers Member

o yeah i was kind of just thinking about how i coud easily gamble sojs in previous patches. must have gotten patches confused with expansion in my "excitement" :lol: To bad...

5. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

some people do rushes this way, since there is no act5 to battle through, and thus, no problems with lvl20 for ancients etc. Therefore, many people rush chars on classic, just to reach hellforge and hopefully get a high rune. Then they convert the char, and voila! That worthless Gul rune is useful. :p

6. FrozenSolid

FrozenSolid IncGamers Member

Sojs used to be worth about 3 perfect skulls each back in 1.09, those were the days :uhhuh:

7. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss IncGamers Member

You can't do this on the realms, but you can do this kind of thing on single player, just don't update the software...or you can download the patch you want. Can't transfer any single player stuff to realm though. :lol: