Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is this portal supposed to work?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by QuantumSlip, Jan 31, 2004.

1. QuantumSlip

QuantumSlip IncGamers Member

Is this portal supposed to work?

While going through with a new char of mines on USEast, we were doing the Cain resue mission. When the portal opened for him, I just happened to click on it, and was instantly transported to the Rogue Encampment. The weird thing was that the portal stayed, and it could be used as a normal portal. Is this supposed to happen?

[​IMG]

2. CaptJoe213

CaptJoe213 IncGamers Member

I dont believe it's supposed to happen. I've tried countless times to enter the portal but have never been sucessful.. I have talked to cain again right as he was entering the portal several times, and often times the portal remains open but I am unable to use it. Once I talked to him right as he entered, and he gave me his 'oooh I'm soo glad someone saved my sorry butt' speech but didn't enter the portal, instead stayed in tristram. The quest log reported the quest complete but Akara wouldn't give me a ring (what a loss, I cried at the thought of not getting the ring /sarcasm)

But naw, it's a bug I believe, and shouldn't have happened

3. DjSlayer

DjSlayer IncGamers Member

I have also had this experience once, where i could take the tp that Cain opens for himself back to Rouge Encampent. Have tried several times later to make it happen again, but to no avail.

Regards D.J.

4. Reggitsan

Reggitsan Banned

I've only done it once, and it was by complete accident. I was fighting the champions that spawn north of his gibbet, clicked the portal, found myself in town with no way to go back but to hoof it.

5. GIR

GIR Banned

It's happened to me once before. If I remember right I clicked on the portal right as he entered it...

6. Qrt

Qrt IncGamers Member

Happened to me once too. Afterwards the portal just remained there just like a portal from a shrine, without a player's name on it.

7. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk IncGamers Member

Happened to me too, though I have never been able to enter the tp since.

-Sparrow

8. GIR

GIR Banned

Actually, thinking about it, it was either right when Cain enters it, or right when he opens it.

I'm thinking right when he opens it, before the game recognizes it as a non-regular TP...