Is this obvious enough to make a guide worthless?

Lord Nyax

Banned
Is this obvious enough to make a guide worthless?

I've made a few Zons in my time, and I had a lot of fun with most of them. One build I used, however, doesn't seem to have a real...guide (though Superdave's thread is how I built mine). Basically I made a Valkazon. There isn't much to the build, but do you think it would be worthwhile for me to write up a little guide about how I did it, or is it fairly obvious what to choose...there are only..what, 5 choices?

Silent Shaddow

Diabloii.Net Member
could be interesting read.. provide information, tho i dont think it would be widely addopted

edit: it should be called the superdavezon or something, or just superzon to confuse noobs :laugh:

YogiRat

Diabloii.Net Member
Go for it. (notes there really aren't any tankazon builds in the stickies) I've toyed with the idea of making a 'summon-zon', big valk, Stone for gumby and revives from Harmony. I'd need a lot of orts though.:laugh:

PhatTrumpet

Diabloii.Net Member
I think the bulk of the guide would be about battle tactics, which would definitely be an interesting read and warrant some input from SD.

Maybe touch on some possible variants that provide backup for the Merc/Valk/Decoy (mass poison or open wounds, I dunno).

Maccat

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm not sure if there's any plus to skill for any other golems except clay, but say you find an item that has + to any other type of golem. Would you be able to summon both?

Kijya

Diabloii.Net Member
Unless you considder hydra a summon there's no summoning oskills appart from the valk on harmony. Your best bet would instead be revive charges, also faiths or tomb reavers reanimate as returned, but those would make your less of a "pure summoner".

you can easily cheak up on all summons avalible on charges in the skill granting items link in my sign :azn: I count 11 different to choise from, mosty druid ones + all golems except fire golem.

Lord Nyax

Banned
Thanks for the input guys. In a couple of days you might see my first draft out for revisions. If we can find SD, we should mob him for his tactics. I only used mine for about a month...

WarlockCC

Diablo Classic Moderator
Yeah, if you could include tiny bits of info like where a valk gets her life. Is it based on the caster's life, like decoy. Or is it a fixed amount. I browsed around but never found a conclusive answer and figured, what better place to ask then here and to have it added to your guide. :)

NASE

Diabloii.Net Member
the base life is always a strickt amount, but with improvements iof you're lucky. It get life from more points in valk and decoy is a synergy.
The bonusses are determinted by the gear she is wearing. Once you get a high level, I think 27, she'll get for everypart a rare items. You can have some big bonusses to life, though you might get non aswell.

For the rest, I would write a guide, though trying to put some thoughts about the valk for the other build, expanding how you build your zon and see how it works with other builds. Perhaps a lvl 30 valk with high level of fanaticism is a good rare (boss) killer? things like that.