Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is this item bugged.

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by Ministrie, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Ministrie

Ministrie IncGamers Member

Is this item bugged.

Ok So my brother, who is a high lvl pally, found a 40/15 ias jewel the other day. Pretty much I read somwhwere on here about there being a bug with either the 40/15 ias or ed.
    I don't know exactly where he found it.

My question is, is this going to do him no good if he sockets it into his stormshade helm?
    I read something about them not doing anything or not working right in anythiung but a weapon.

Thanks guys!
    Min

2. Gorny

Gorny Banned

I do not think they are bugged, just massively duped.

As to the question about the stromshade, Is your brother going to use the jewel for the Pally ? What type of Paladin is he playing ?I know that if he is a Hammerdin, the jewel's 15 ias part will do no good because FCR is the key there. I am not sure about the 40 ED(enhanced damage, not enhanced def.) will help.

3. m1rage

m1rage IncGamers Member

I'm fairly certain 40/15 jewels work fine. You may be thinking of ed/max or ed/min jewels, those are currently bugged. Also, the ed only works on melee attacks. Furthermore, if you are making something like a whirlwind barb, ias only works for ww on the item itself.

4. Ministrie

He is a zealot, from what I gather that is pretty much zeal and holy shock?

I am a nercro by trade myself.

Currently he is using a Upgraded stormeye scpeter that I upgraded for him with a shael in it and he doesn't want to lose the speed that is in the stormeye, not sure what his secondary wep is, but in all he wanted to put it into his helm and I told him to hold off until I found out for sure.

5. Ministrie

Hey Good info both of you thanks!

I didn't realize it was only on melee. Cool thanks.

6. Ministrie

Ok so here is another question, what if the jewel was used on a necro with poison dagger, would it only effect the damage that the dagger does or would it also effect the damage the p dagger does?

7. m1rage

m1rage IncGamers Member

It would only effect the physical damage that the daggar does, not the added poison damage.

In all honesty, finding a 40/15 jewel is so rare that I would only think of using it in a very good item. Unfortunately, since they were so massively duped, it probably has more intrinsic value than actual market value.

Use it wisely, because your brother literally won the lottery on that one. :lol:

8. .EYRIS.ONE.

.EYRIS.ONE. IncGamers Member

40/15ias works fine in any items, its 40/15max that you will have heard about. with a 40/15 max the ed% is not counted in any items apart from the weapon. eg. in armor with 4* 40/15max's it is just as if it is a 60max armor.
    the jewel gives full bonus in weapons all the same however.

peace.