Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is this good enough for Uber trist?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Rawker, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Rawker

Rawker IncGamers Member

Is this good enough for Uber trist?

Ok so i wanted to make a smiter that could run uber trist. Its the first smiter i ever made, and i wanted to know if this was good enough, or if i should remake.
    Level: 81
    Helm: Guillames Face
    Armor: Chains of Honour
    Weapon 1: Grief 'zerker axe
    shield 1: Exile vortex
    weapon 2: Call to Arms
    shield 2: spirit gilded shield
    Gloves: Venom Grip. I have Dracul's available, should i switch?
    Boots: Gore Riders
    Belt: Verdungo's
    Ring 1: Raven
    Ring 2: Rare Ring, Light resist 19, fire resist 21
    Amulet: Rose Branded AMulet, 3 to combat skills. Most likely getting Highlords in this place.

i have 2237 life after a BO with a lotta life charms . My smite damage as shown on screen is 1317-2416, thats before the grief damage is in.

Resists are 80 fire, 75 cold, 75 lightning, 80 poison.

I have a 10 stats/19 resist torch and a 11 stats/15 res anni along with it.

Thtas bout it. All comments appreciated.

2. nickedoff

nickedoff IncGamers Member

Yarp. Looks like a smiter to me.
    You've got the CB, CTC tap and Grief.

I'd lose the venom grips. 5% more CB isn't worth it, especially when you can have more str and another option for tap CTCing.

3. Rawker

Rawker IncGamers Member

Ok, thanks a lot. I'll level him up a bit more before sicking him into uber though, get more hard points in Vitality:jig: . I forgot to mention i have an open socket in guillames, what should i get in there?

4. TheBhoy

TheBhoy IncGamers Member

I have done it with worse gear and a stash full of juvies but i would say dracs. the extra 5% ctc tap can make all the difference

5. Rawker

Rawker IncGamers Member

Alright, thanks a lot guys. I'll switch to dracs :)

Another character i wanted to rate is the one whos going in with me. Basically a zealer with dream. He has max resists, cresent moon, dream shield, approximately 2200 life. rings are a rare 8 to all resist and carrion wind, amulet is highlords, armor is fort, belt is string of ears. Boots i need some input on, and gloves are hellmouths. On switch is a sacred rondache which keeps the resists maxed, and black for the 40 CB, this switch is set for smite. Does this one have any chance of crowd control?

6. Desi

Desi IncGamers Member

Hey...i didnt really take time to read anyones response...but i just posted here to say that you can always uber trist with a regular pvp smiter setup.

Nothing special to be done, i've ubered with my v/t (yes v/t are horrible pvms) just switch to a bunch of life tap. and resistance and you should be fine, just keep a few pots incase ur tap doesnt recast when it fades. : )

7. TheBhoy

TheBhoy IncGamers Member

as for the os in guil's face, if you need resists, um it. if not, a nice jewel or other rune that will boost your damage will be ok. bear in mind tho that uber mephs conviction reduces your resist by 125%....

8. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

regarding the sock in guil's, throw either an Um, a 15% res Jewel, or a single resist rune/jewel for wherever you need the resists vs. meph

9. safetypro

safetypro IncGamers Member

I'd recommend a 15%IAS/xx%Enhanced Damage jewel in the Guill's. With a Zerker, you need IAS to reach break points for both zeal and smite.

10. Bjam

Bjam IncGamers Member

You have more than enough firepower. However, you only mention your displayed resists, not your total stacked resists. If you want to maintain maxed resists against Mephy, I'd strongly recommend you pre-buff with Treachery. I find it to be the easiest way to pump resists and DR without having to swap out all kinds of gear and charms.

As TheBhoy said, his conviction aura will lower your fire/cold/light resists by 125% (thus requiring 300% total resists to have effective 75% resists to those elements).

Regarding the socketing of the Guillames helm, your dream jewel would be 15% IAS/XX all res. You don't need more damage, as you have plenty to spare.

11. xix sephra

xix sephra IncGamers Member

just put that gear together and dunno how to run ubers.. gotta love that :p You dont need dracs u have exile so dont worry about it so much. gores + gullies is enough CB/ rest is gravy... very easy fight with all that power gear.... just takes the challenge out of the game... thus why i made my

Passion zeal sorc to tank ubers muahaha

12. Rawker

Rawker IncGamers Member

haha well i spent most of my time playing through the game with friends, and then mfing or rushing. And thanks a lot for your replies guys, managed uber trist in under a minute and 30 seconds:jig: . for meph i had the zealer put on salvation, so my resists stayed clear. I got a 16stat/19 res assasin torch outta this