Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is this game trying to tell me something?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by DeathMaster, May 28, 2005.

1. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

Is this game trying to tell me something?

It is my second day, been trying to kill diablo (H) with my pally. The problem right now: the game just doesn't want me to step into CS.

I have been getting those "impossible" to kill OK boss every time.

What I have done:
    1) first try, deadly FE bug kicked in since RoF, and unknown OK boss with impossible to kill minion (suspect FE too). give up at CS door way
    2) second try, just outside CS, impossible to pass abyss knights + OKs combo (unknow boss mod, couldn't see him yet), IM went off all the time, every freaking abyss knight shoot like crazy, and each freaking hit took more than 1/3 of 1337 life away (yes, my pally has exact 1337 life at the moment) just impossible to kill anyone of them. The worst, none of them will chase me, I couldn't seperate them at all. After may try, give up.
    3) stepped into CS, but forced to flee by LEFE OK boss. went as far as killing all his minion, but couldn't kill the boss. one hit = 1/2 to 2/3 life gone.

I've tried all possible tactics I could think of, eg. switch to WWS, try to pick them out with arrow. however, I couldn't manage to get any single shot without "near death" experience. try to kill them by running around, and let my aura does the job, however they regenerate life as fast as (or faster than) I could damage them. Use charge = suside ...

Is D2 trying to tell me something? Or does melee pally really suxx this much? I have never had much difficulty with other melee build (barb, dr00d, sin), this pally is driving me insan right now.

2. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

well unless you tell us your build we cant help much...

3. farting bob

farting bob Banned

I say that diablo is just being defensive, making it tough for you to find him. Just kep on reloading, and you'll eventaully get into the CS without to much trouble, from there you can pcik things off easier, and drag tough monsters away.

4. Toppo

Toppo IncGamers Member

Gotta be a Holy Shock/Freeze variant. (Attacking with Zeal.)

Well, just save&exit, you'll get beatable monsters eventually. That's all I can say. I've had similar problems with melee chars in act2 where every beetle seemed to be FE(CELE).

5. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas IncGamers Member

Also, what's your def, res, ar dmg, merc, your gear, mercs gear etc?

You're probably a zealot (?) so getting a WWS is a nice try, picking on the minions first from a screen away should do the trick.

or... you could just run (or charge) past them. This is pretty hard though since the CS is normally quite packed to running past them might grant you with more monsters :)

6. frosty

frosty IncGamers Member

What's your players settings, resistances and blocking?

7. Liliel

Liliel IncGamers Member

This is why I like having Holy Bolt.

But I don't understand why you can't kill with a bow, if you've killed all the minions. Maybe you could get a Widowmaker?

8. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

The "trick" I've found with OKs that works best is to draw the mininons away by running towards them, then away. Eventually even if there is a boss pack, the minions will leave the boss and follow you far enough away that you no longer have to worry about getting IMed. Then you can kill the minions at your leisure. To kill the OKs themselves, I run right up next to them and wait for them to do an attack. After that you have about 1.5 seconds before they attack again - more than that if you send them into hit recovery. Zeal them once immediately after they attack, wait for the next cast of theirs, and then do it again. That's about all the advice I can give you.

9. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

Sometimes the game does these weird things, monsters do huge damage suddenly. I had once in RoF a pack of abyss knight killed my 90 resist all hammerdin before I can hit the potion, never figured out how could they do that much damage.

I say just try it another day.

10. Ragnarod

Ragnarod DiabloII.Net Pal

If everything else fails, having a point in Conversion might save the day, I'm not sure if you'll have it but keep it in mind if you do. Getting a scepter with +conversion could work wonders on those monsters, if you're lucky and can convert a couple of them fast

11. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

about the only thing poison dmg is good for is preventing healing. in this case (longer) duration is more valuable than dmg.

12. Shadow Raven

Shadow Raven IncGamers Member

my power zealot did have problems in CS in fact it was the hardest part of the game for him you could try useing gimmershard mine used it on swich with vengence so IM wans't much of a problem and from far you can trow them.

like others have said just keep roleing a remember about 30 pindle runes all i seamed to get was FE + LE nasy

SR

13. Twoflower

Twoflower Banned

get out your enigma and tele past them :p

serious though, sry, no idea, unless you post your build and items

14. Llathias

Llathias Banned

haven't tried it, it's just an idea... would a few points in FoH with +skills help at all? seems better than punching. and a fanatic zealot isn't so tight on skills anyways.

15. DeathMaster

Um, still no new idea yet. My point was my pally cannot handle "hard situation" as my other melee. My rant was he has no extra life like barb/dr00d, no crowd controll like sin/barb, no minion like sin/dr00d ... so when something "went wrong", he is [email protected]#ked. And the game just keep throw impossible pack to him (he can kill fairly fast, just how to kill without get killed is the hard part).

without repeat my gear/build:

http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=350071

He is 1337 holy shock/freeze zealot, no spare skill points.

16. azn_apocalypse

azn_apocalypse IncGamers Member

Holy Bolt is good to have, but it needs a fair investment of skill points.

Instead, I would put a point in Salvation and hotkey it. If you have Salvation aura up you (and your merc) probably won't be killed that quickly by OKs. That might give you enough time to get somewhat close (maybe half a screen away) and lead OKs away from the pack. I think they usually try melee you after they use their ranged attack.

Dealing with them one by one should not be a problem, it's facing them in packs that's a killer.

17. DeathMaster

If you looked the screenshoot, you will notice I have max resist (90+), salvation won't help anyway.

I finally did it, Hell diablo went down easy, but to get him was crazy hard. I'm talking about 2 hours to clean CS, freaking OK packs every where, apart from the three seal boss pack, there were 5 Ok boss packs, 3 venom lord (or whatever they called) boss packs, 1 storm caster boss pack!! It seemed that every where there is at least one boss awaiting for me (3x bosses together was insan, took me age to seperate them). few OK packs (include lord de seis) were LE, so they were LICI too, just pain in the @ss to kill with a bow since my holy auras couldn't do any damage (HF still slows them down).

I'm so glade CS is left behind (full clean it once is enough), only WSK to worry about now.

18. corax

corax IncGamers Member

Widowmaker. fire GA at those f00!

19. DeathMaster

Thx, I used 160% WWS (2x shael), it can get my resist to reasonable level, and req no arrow to fire. i think WWS deals more damage.

20. corax

corax IncGamers Member

it'd depend on your AR. but if you had decent AR as you should of you'd be hitting fine with it.

wizendraw is a good holy freeze bow.