Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is this considered BM?

Discussion in 'Classic' started by wifs, Sep 20, 2006.

1. wifs

wifs IncGamers Member

Is this considered BM?

I'm testing a specialized build for running meph in cs runs... but I find that after 2 or 3 runs I get banned... (password change, banned from chat, etc)

So, I wonder: Is joining a CS run, without joining party nor going to act 4 considered bad manners or something? I thought the extra exp and having 1 less leecher would actually benefit a CSing party... ive seen some people get 1 or 2 extra chars to their CS just to fill them with non-partied players (for extra exp)

2. ElDrunko

ElDrunko IncGamers Member

No, that wouldn't be the reason why you would get banned. You don't use any sort of botting/map hack do you? If you can't join chat, that means your cd key is muted. I have the same problem.

3. WarlockCC

WarlockCC Diablo Classic Moderator

I would find it odd that they toss you from 'their' cs group for that, including from their presumably private cs'ing channel.

You could join their party though, iirc that would boost their and your XP.

Perhaps they just see you as dead weight, since you're not in the CS helping them, they figure you are of no use to them. Best would probably to just ask them rather then speculate on their reason with us. :)

4. norvi11erogers

norvi11erogers IncGamers Member

I don't think it's bm. I did it a lot, but i didn't have problems. I also didn't try to rejoin the same run. just try to join new runs - i find i run meph faster than most groups run d on average anyways.

If your mephrunner is a sorc (most likely), and there are zero (or just very few) other sorcs in the game, the party may become bitter that you are not teleporting for them.

Similarly, if you are a barb, people could get mad that you're not giving them bo.

Or if you are a din, people could want you to kill all the monsters for them.

Make a meph running nec and you should have no problems ;)

5. Akukami

Akukami IncGamers Member

Huh? BM? Should this even be considered a question? :shocked:

Wow, I thought people were smarter than this, but once again, I've been let down on this matter. What idiot wouldn't want extra XP in a CS run without someone leeching it from them? Honestly, if more people knew how to gain better XP in CS, they'd all be happier, but then again, I guess it's good that most people are ignorant. :grin:

It's not BM, IMO, but to prevent anymore bootings from CS runs, tell them to make it an 8 Player game so that you can MF while they CS. It will benefit you and the their party since they gain more XP with more people in the game, and you can run your test build on Meph. If they can't understand this concept, well, that's their problem. :thumbsup:

- Akukami

6. wifs

wifs IncGamers Member

Thanks a lot for your replies, in the end it is probably best just to ask them, as WarlockCC said...:tongue:
    The same "banning" thing happened with several different runs with different people, and it always came after some "oh, there he is" or "ughh, again..." comment after I joined the game; hence the assumption of BM from my part...

By the way, the build is working nicely... just as I thought it would.:wink2: So, expect a build guide (my first) in the next few days.:thumbsup:

7. zaxien

zaxien IncGamers Member

stay out of op csrun that will solve your problem :)