Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is this claw worth upgrading?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by gibsonSG, Sep 12, 2006.

1. gibsonSG

gibsonSG IncGamers Member

Is this claw worth upgrading?

If you refer to my other question, I'm planning on making a hybrid assassin. What I want to know is this: is this claw worth "upgrading" and socketing for use as a second claw? I thought it had some sick mods...

"Glyph Barb"
    Wrist Spike
    40% Increased Attack Speed
    169% Enhanced Damage
    +2 To Minimum Damage
    +2 To Maximum Damage
    +x To Maximum Damage (Based on character level)
    +x To Attack Rating (Based on character level)
    +4 To Mana After Each Kill

From what I can see, it's a fast claw (base class) made even faster with IAS, and more deadly with ED and a "Fool's" mod...give me your thoughts on this - I think it's worth the Um/Fal for the upgrade (and a socket quest).

2. clairetay

clairetay IncGamers Member

heh ive been out of action so long lolx but lets see, this claw is good for the moment but i wouldnt waste a upgrade on it
    1) no + skills to sin
    2) no + skills to any skills

thats the major defect of it.. most ppl with fool's mode claw would have at least a + skill. N er wats the lvl required?
    Just my 2 cents u might have to wait for those veterans for a better answer

3. order

order IncGamers Member

this claw would be good for only the following hybrids....

ww/ kick/ wof
    ww/ wof

+skills wont make too much of a difference on those builds. a ww/ ls hybrid is all about the skills.

4. clairetay

clairetay IncGamers Member

emmm thanks for the correction order ^_^ i forgot ww/kick built lolx was always thinking of ww/traps heh

5. order

order IncGamers Member

thinking again these might not be real desirable for even a hybrid as they sometimes like having higher ias claws to reach high kick or trap laying frames.

this claw is probably only good for a regular pure wwsin.

6. Von Lazuli

Von Lazuli IncGamers Member

But for a pure WWsin it is a very good claw. Semi-decent damage, 40%ias and fools. Nice mods.

Laz

7. SoAmazing

SoAmazing IncGamers Member

WWsin = whaaaat? :)

8. gibsonSG

...this build is something along the lines of the first one (WW/Kick/WOF) - the hybrid mentioned in Speederlander's guide. "Wasting" an upgrade doesn't sound too bad though - it costs an UM rune at most, and those are quite easy to get. I think the speed's pretty decent too, as the base speed for this class is -10; not quite a runic talon or feral claw, but quicker than a suwwayah and other things. I'm also going to add a socket via socket quest (my brother can just rush a crappy character thru normal just to get quest if need be)...what should go in this puppy? Don't suggest based on what I can afford - suggest based on what would be best for that *one* socket.

9. gibsonSG

Rather than make a new thread - I thought I'd post this question here for now to see what kind of answers I can get. What would be the best claw to make a CHAOS out of (for the WW)? What type of +skills should I be in the market for for a WW/Kick/Mindblast (whatever Speederlander's guide is) hybrid? I was thinking at LEAST +3 Venom on runic talons/feral claws and possibly +3 Weapon Block on the same claw (to save points there). I recently traded a +3 Venom suwwayah because it only had that one mod on it, and I wasn't sure about what kinda character I was going to build. But yeah, your comments are appreciated.

Thanks

10. Silent Shaddow

Silent Shaddow IncGamers Member

a +3 vemon claw in chaos wont do you as much good bc ud just us that claw only for prebuff anyways... the preferred skills are more 2 wards 1 point wonders i THINK iirc because it saves skill points ie putting it in a claw with+ 1 dfilght saves a grand total of 2 points, but this also includes Mb and others.
    i think, claw mastery (not sure), dflight, mb, Ls, and others prob are skills to aim for. but a 2X +3 vemon claws are definately prefered for prebiff, as well as cta etc...
    -silent

11. gibsonSG

Thanks for the insight. Now this is my NEW problem - I can't get the recipie to work!!! Arreat Summit says Fal + Um + Perfect Sapphire + Exceptional Rare Weapon (which this claw is) = Elite Rare Weapon. Could the problem be that I'm trying to upgrade it while all the components are on my necromancer (i.e. the item is RED becasue it's not on an assassin)?

12. ilkori

ilkori IncGamers Member

That shouldn't be an issue, and I would be surprised if it was.

You sure those are the only items in your cube, and you are including all of the correct items?

Also, what level is that claw? It may work better as a MLD Dragon Claw type weapon.

13. gibsonSG

...and I quote, DIRECTLY from the Arreat Summit:

"1 Fal Rune + 1 Um Rune + 1 Perfect Sapphire + Exceptional Rare Weapon = Elite Rare Weapon"

Does the fact that it's a CLASS SPECIFIC rare weapon have any impact on this? I'm going to try to mule it to my assassin later and attempt an upgrade there. It is exceptional though - I checked the Arreat Summit too and found that the "wrist spike" IS in fact an "exceptional" weapon.

Real quick - what's a MLD? Dragon Claw = two claw attack - first "dragon" skill to learn, right?

Thanks...

14. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

MLD = mid level duel. It may be better to keep this claw non-upgraded, if it's level requirement is below 60 or so. If you haven't upgraded it yet, then let us know what the level requirement is, and we'll let you know if it'd be good for mid level duelers - this could be, to mid level duelers, what the same thing with 400 ed would be to regular duelers.

15. gibsonSG

Ok...I believe the required level is 38. I tried to upgrade this when I put all the stuff on the assassin but it STILL wouldn't do it. The scientific method allows us to infer a few things, but mainly this - the recipe is wrong. I took the same components and tried the same thing on different characters (the variable being the character I tried it on, the control being everything else). Technically, this could mean any number of things, but Occum will say that the most likely thing wrong is often the simplest thing - which in this case would be Blizzard putting the wrong recipe on their site. It's been known to happen before, hasn't it?

16. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

If the required level is 38, you may want to consider not upgrading it, as it can be used for mid-level duels. Not sure how popular assassins with claws are in those, but that would be an absolutely awesome option. I'm certain that it will be worth more, that way - there may be someone who wants to buy it and up it themselves, though.

If you're dead set on upping it, check the runes you're using - Um, Fal, and a perfect sapphire. I often mistake Io for Fal, personally. And make sure there is NOTHING ELSE in the cube when you try. If you have anything else in there it breaks the recipe.

17. Ronaldo

Ronaldo IncGamers Member

refering to that other question about + skills. in my opinion venom on claws is a bit overrated, you get +3 from your switch anyway, and you can prebuff if you want but i think thats boring. Get skills that can save you skill points like dragon flight, blade shield. If you are using base lvl traps to stun then try to get those too. Im not really saying dont try to get venom on your claws, im just saying i dont think it should be the top priority on claws like people say it is.

18. gibsonSG

...hmmm if the +3 Venom isn't worth it, maybe I should shoot for a +3 Weapon Block/+3 Wake Of Fire (the V-shaped trap, I believe) feral claws or runic talons. That'll save a point or two for the wake of fire thing and it'll allow me to save a few on weapon block (as I need at least one to get fade/venom/etc.). And to quietus - I am 100% sure that those are the only things in my cube and 100% sure that they are the right things. Perhaps if you're on USEast Ladder you can make a game and perhaps I can lend you the stuff to see if maybe it'll work for YOU 'cuz it sure as hell won't work for me and I still have no reason why (most logical assumption is that blizzard screwed up something on their site).