Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is this bow history?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by rugmaker, Mar 20, 2005.

1. rugmaker

rugmaker IncGamers Member

Is this bow history?

I've been gone from the game a while, last played v1.09. Anyways, I started from scratch agian and made a Bowazon, and a Sorc. I felt real lucky because recently I got a Buriza and vamp gaze for my zon. But the crossbow doesn't seem to be as good as it was before. don't get me wrong it kills fairly quick, but I'm lvl 68 and afraid to kill Baal and go to hell dificulty based on how often I die. Can someone tell me what happened with the new v1.10 or better yet tell me how to find all the new changes in v1.10 so I can read it for myself. I looked in the archives but culdn't find what I was looking for.
    Any help would be good... and is the buriza still good, from reading the forums it sounds like everyone has a windforce now.

One more thing I was offered lycanders aim and valk wing helm for my bow should I trade?

2. Sokar Rostau

Sokar Rostau IncGamers Member

If you havn't played since 09 it's more likely your skills are the problem, not the bow. The skills that made zons so great in 09 have been nerfed considerably and now have synergies to boot. Buriza can kill in Hell but is more suited to a pure Frostmaiden than any other build - a Multizon with a Buriza is pretty much a Corpsezon in 1.10. Not everyone has WF, Witch Wild String is very popular and there are some godly bow runewords available now.

I don't have an immediate link for you but you should check out the 1.10 Read-me and Arreat Summit as a good starting point. There are also a few good guides stickied at the top of the zonny forum you should check out.

Welcome to the Forums btw.

3. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

Welcome to the forums! Buriza, IMO, is not an end game bow any more. There are better, faster bows out there. Faith runeword seems to be the popular RW of choice lately. I don't have the runes necessary so I have not been able to try it yet. Burizai s a good mid-game bow. I may use an upped Buriza with a barb build I am thinking about. That should be fun, and different.

4. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

The Buriza is still good...it's not that slow, and the damage is very nice, as are pretty much all the other mods on it. I agree with Sokar Rostau that a Frost Maiden would be best suited for a Buriza...The main thing to notice about Buriza is that Pierce no longer works with guided arrow, which previously was a killer combo. Also your Valkyrie has been beefed up alot so if you're dying a lot definitely put more points in her as she can be a very good tank. Maybe also a pair of knockback gloves for added safety...Resists are also VERY important now, as opposed to 1.09...pretty much all monsters add elemental damage on their attacks and there are lots of ranged piercing attacks than can and will hit you if you're not very careful...so try to get your resists up, and stay behind your merc and valk. Good luck.

5. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

If you play East NL. I got a few bow I can spare for free.

6. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

ive got a lycanders on east L if u need

7. rugmaker

rugmaker IncGamers Member

Thanks so much for the info, and of course I'm on US west but thanks anyways. I think it will be a fun challenge to learn all the new things in v1.10.