Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is This a New Trading Ripoff?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by adroit, May 15, 2005.

1. adroit

adroit IncGamers Member

Is This a New Trading Ripoff?

I wanted to make a HOTO, but was short a VEX rune. I did a trade, with 2 high runes, (Lo and Gul) and got what I thought was a Vex Rune. I left the game, and the rune I traded for was gone when I started a new game.
    What gives? Has anyone else had this experience?

Also, when I play in group games I notice that somehow people know that I am wearing certain items, and want to trade for them. Is this a hack I have never heard about?

I'm curious.

adroit :mad:

2. xxraiderxx

xxraiderxx IncGamers Member

The rune you traded is probably duped as are most high runes on BNet.. I once traded 3 Ists for a Ber rune only to find Ber disappearing in my cube 1 day later :(
    Unfortunately there is no way you can know whether a rune you have traded is duped or not, the only sure way is to find the rune yourself or cube it up using lower runes like 2 Guls ----> Vex

The ppl who know what you are wearing are most probably using maphack.. they can see what you are wearing so this would have some impact if you into PvP.

3. adroit

adroit IncGamers Member

Thanks for the info

What a sad day for people when they steal from others, and make the world more distrustful.

Thank you again for the insight.

Adroit :clap:

4. Twoflower

Twoflower Banned

this sad day was, sadly, years ago... in diablo2 terms.

when the rune wasnt there any more right away after you keft the trading game, there could be another explanation as well. we could probably give you alot of reasons to choose from, sad fact is, you dont have your vex any more.

best bet would be to trade on the trade forums here, in this forum. very nice place to make trades, very trustworthy people. try it :clap:

5. dang79

dang79 IncGamers Member

On another note, is a Lo and Gul a fair price for a single vex? Seems excessive.

6. Oscuro

Oscuro IncGamers Site Pal

I play east, and on ladder, this would be a rip off. Nonladder though, I'd say this is a fair to good deal.

7. Sh4dovv

Sh4dovv Banned

on non-ladder, GUL is a worthless rune...would take at least 10 for a high rune

and LO = VEX

and if u learn to PERM, then u will never get this rune disappering problem :rolleyes:

8. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

on the other hand, it might not have been his fault. the chances that he duped the rune himself are quite small, likely he just traded for it and you happened to receive it at the wrong time. the only thing you can really do is use hr's in game.

sorry about your loss. =|

9. Cerberus

Cerberus IncGamers Member

If the rune disappeared right away it`s probally that tradehack where you see an image of the item top right in his tradewindow, but it isn`t actually there. Im not sure how this works, but always ask people to move the item if it`s placed top right. If the items isn`t there, they won`t be able to.

As for people knowing what items you have, this is MH. Almost traded my Baal GC on Bnet to some guy needing one. For some reason Im pretty sure he would have known if i tried to rip him off with another GC...