Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is this a good set up for BoneMancer

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by BrodieRHebert, Nov 4, 2006.

1. BrodieRHebert

BrodieRHebert IncGamers Member

Is this a good set up for BoneMancer

Always wanted a pure bone mancer, but never new the proper way to build one. Ive built overlords, melee mancers, & posion mancers, all with decent success. I utilized chippy dips skill calculator to place my skill points in the appropriate skills. I pre planned my gear selection, so I want waste any attribute points. The armor I selcted is always good, but im not sure its the best for this build.

Gear:

Armor= Enigma
    Helm= 1 os Shako
    Shield= Bone Flame
    Ammy= +3 P & B
    Rings = Raven Frost and a nice 10% FCR + other mods
    Boots = Marrow walks
    Wep= HOTO= 40% FCR
    Hellfire Torch & as many skillers as I can get

FCR=50
    + skills = 14

Attribute Points

Str= Highest Requirement is of course marrow walks(118). Ill put 55 in for enigma and should recieve a enough from it to equip marrow, if not ill use more

Dex= 36 if any, just to equip HOTO

Vit= All the rest

Skills:

Teeth=20+14=34

Bone Spear=20+14=34

Bone Prison=20+14=34

Bone Prison=15+14=29

Bone Wall=15+14=29

Bone Armor=1+14=15

Amplify Damage=1+11=12

Thats a total of 83 skill points needed, and thats not including the 15 extra quest skill points, so I have room to play with

As I said earlier I used chippy dips skill calculator to determine damge

Teeth=1400

Bone Spear= 3k

Bone Spirit= 5k

With left over skills would it be better to invest in poison tree, summon tree, or is thier a curse other than AD that I could benifit from?

Im sure I will use the act2 NM defene merc for HF, never use anything else

Well I think this is a nice build, I already have the equipment, will he be able to solo hell, who knows. Im looking foward to input good or bad.

2. soul killer

soul killer Banned

You need more FCR.
    Dump the Marrows for Waterwalks or Treks.
    Decrepify is a nice curse, use it instead of Amp.

Apart from that, your build is pretty good.

3. Aldarad

Aldarad IncGamers Member

The way Teeth spreads does it realy kill anything, besides blasting the walls? Seems a bit like Amazone Multishot which I dont like either. Bonewall/prison would give same synergies and bost the B armor.

Also I would suggest crowdcontrol curses. Confuse, attract etc. Seems to me that you risk getting swamped by enemies.

4. hellzfire

hellzfire IncGamers Member

you need atleast 125 fcr. and 86 fhr (or was it 76?)
    get a spirit monarch, and look for a helm with least +2 skills and 20 fcr (but the shako works fine too)
    use arach belt too... and two fcr rings
    no need for marrowalks because the marrow glitch is gone...
    use any gloves with 20 fcr...

and DON'T pump anything into str... use a breast plate enigma (only needs 30 str, which should be fine with just a few str charms). that goes the same for dex. use something that gives dex, such as a dex charm. shouldn't be that hard to find a few (than again for dex and str, you are using a hellfire torch which should be enough... ) an anni would be nice too...

no need for amp at all because it does not do anything of your bone skill dmg

setup usually goes...
    20 spear, 20 spirit, 20 wall, 20 prison, 20 teeth, 1 into prerequiste... 1 clay golem, 1 skele, and 1 mages, 1 revive and its prerequiste.... thats a total of around 108 skills.... take out 15 and you have... lvl 93 if i added and subtracted correctly. after that, try and get decrep for pvm bosses (if you want to put anything in poison skills.... have fun i guess cause you'll be crappy if you don't synergize the poisons like bone...) (oya, if you don't know, use big revives like urdars because of tele stack glitch... and the summons are your tanks, don't put anything more than 1 into them at all, skillers should be enough for tanking along with enigma)

and for aldarad, teeth spread is controlled by where you place your cursor (far or close to you)... the whole point of teeth for pvp boners is for the stun it has. teeth is usually used against windy's and sorcs to stun them or take our the windy's pets, than go for the kill with spear/spirit. with good setup and equips and all it does around 1k dmg which isn't a lot but than again its for stun... and he will not get swamped if he knows how to teleport with his enigma... *point and click*

use an act 2 merc (preferebly holy freeze or defiance in my opinion) with andy's visage, insight, and coh or fort? forgot which armor is best for mercs

PS: try reading the guides here first (but not the oudated ones that refer to the marrow glitch...)

5. soul killer

soul killer Banned

Errr...i dont think he wants this build for PvP.

Man just get some more FCR and youll do fine in PvM, PvP is a diff story.

6. hellzfire

hellzfire IncGamers Member

sry if i went on rant about what you're looking for in a pvp boner if what your looking for is pvm. get decrep for sure and confuse/attract to help and plz do get more fcr... the faster you shoot, the faster you lay waste to your enemies:grin:

7. bogie

bogie IncGamers Member

ahhhh, theres only +12 bonus from quests......... so your build will be done at lvl 97.. bit high.