Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is this a good outline for a cold sorc?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by benson_, Mar 18, 2004.

1. benson_

benson_ IncGamers Member

Is this a good outline for a cold sorc?

Hey, new to the forums, spent some time reading all the threads, and couldnt really find what i was looking for in the posts, so figured id start my own thread.
    I want to make a sorc purely ice,
    and what i was thinking was b/c there seems to be such a heated debated between bliz and FO, why not do both?

20 points - Ice Mastery
    20 points - FO
    20 points - bliz
    10 points - Warmth
    1 points - Teleport
    1 points - static

this is jsut a relaly quick outline, as to what i was thinking, ive only been playing d2 for about 3 months now, so im not that educated on alot of the things, any suggestions would be appreciated.
    I know in hell this sorc wont be very effective because of the amount of Ice immune guys, but i would strictly use this sorc for MF runs to meph etc.

2. decoy_sJ

decoy_sJ IncGamers Member

hoho i am the first to post!! IMHO..i think its either best to go pure blizz and max its synergies for a powered blizz..or go dual tree for FO in e CL/Fo direction..Blizz has more synergies and if u are going for both FO and Blizz u wont be able to fully synergise both..if u have to go single tree i would suggest Blizz but if u wanna go FO i would suggest a dual tree sorc :thumbsup:

p.s. a pure blizz sorc can do andy, meph and pindle very very easily. just FYI :lol:

3. [FLS]prozerran

[FLS]prozerran IncGamers Member

Blizzard without much synergies doesn't do much

I'd prefer max ice bolt in your build instead of blizzard, and put only one point in warmth. To get mana, it's cheaper to invest either in energy or items. Put points into static/teleport instead. You can go ES if you have high energy to support it.

4. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

In a pure Cold build, either maximise

FO/Icebolt(synergy)/CM
    or
    BLizzard/CM/Iceblast/Icebolt/Glacial Spike

The problem with using both FO and BLizzard is that they are timered spells and so their timers will interfere. Meaning you cant cast BLizzard and immediatly afterwards FO.

With the seperation you can spam FO/Icebolt or Blizzard/Iceblast or BLizzard/Glacial Spike.

Also in a single-tree build your main attacks should do the MAXIMUM damage they can!!! Blizzard gets very powerful with all synergies and when you go for FO you can invest points into another tree.

5. Kyo

Kyo IncGamers Member

If your going for PvM then imo blizzard is the one for you. I wouldnt pick 2 cold spells if your going for a dual option. As mentioned if i was going for FO i would pick another skill probably from a fire tree.

Check the sticky on Meteor/Orb for further info. In this way those pesky Cold/Fire Immunes wouldn.t be too much of a problem and you should take down most things that the game throws at u without the need to party/group

Also i would go no more than 1 in warmth unless you are a dualler.

That just imo.

:howdy:

6. Ulric

Ulric IncGamers Member

This better be a dueler, otherwise how will you handle all the cold immunes in the game?

7. Harby

Harby IncGamers Member

Mercs do wonders these days... :)