Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is this a good idea?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Faust VIII, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Faust VIII

Faust VIII IncGamers Member

Is this a good idea?

I've been running the usual MF route with my Orbitaller sorc for some time (Meph, Pindle, Countess) and it seems the returns are not that satisfactory, considering that there're a lot of valuable items that Meph can't drop.

So I'm having a plan to improve the loot. As I have another FishyNecro for MF and the Sorc haven't defeated Baal in her OWN game yet, why not use the Fishy to clear WSK and the Throne (both a LV85 area), and then use the sorc to glitch Baal's drops?

In terms of efficiency will this be a better option than running Meph countlessly? For your info my Necro can reach the Throne in around 15 mins, depending on map.

Thanks in advance.

2. Milb

Milb IncGamers Member

Re: Is this a good idea?

15 mins for a Baal run, even with a glitched drop, is horrifically slow. If you are after items, a run of Andy -> Ancient Tunnels -> Mephi -> Pindle would be much more efficient, and probably long enough to not get temp banned between runs.

3. Shanksie1337

Shanksie1337 IncGamers Member

What you could do is make a game with the fishy, save and exit straight away and then the join the game with the sorc. This will let u glitch baal drops without having to spend 15 mins in the game.

I do this atm on my hdin. Make a game on my zon (who has killed baal), S&E and rejoin with the hdin and spend 10 mins doing a glitched baal run and a CS clear. You won't get temp banned for swapping chars as you're only going to make game - rejoin about 5-6 times an hour.

I used to do this run with my sorc (also Orbitaller), takes a smidge longer but certainly worth doing if you're no longer needing the chaff that mephi drops.

4. Faust VIII

Faust VIII IncGamers Member

I know, 15 mins for Baal is very slow, but then in that 15 mins I will be clearing out a level 85 area (WSK+Throne). That should constitute to my MF process.

Sure I can S&E with the fishy right away and switch to my sorc, but I don't have much confidence that my sorc can safely tele to the throne and clear the waves. I will try to do that anyway. By the way, don't I have to wait for at least 6 mins for the game to perm before switching chars?

5. In the name of Zod

In the name of Zod IncGamers Member

There's only one way to find out.

6. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Yes, except you can do that in less than a minute, as even empty games persist at least that long.

7. Shanksie1337

Shanksie1337 IncGamers Member

Yes, the game needs 5 mins to perm, however for some reason if you make game, S&E asap the game stays up for ~20 seconds or so (never really bothered to time it). Whatever the duration is, it's plenty of time to rejoin on a new char - even if it's on another account. When you join the game with the 2nd char it will still need the normal ~5 mins to perm but you will have got what you wanted - ie a glitched baal game - without having to wait 5 mins for the game to perm before swapping chars.

:)

8. minuses

minuses IncGamers Member

Depends you like the sorc for tele so you do not need enigma. True story there. Pits is the best tc area and very easy to run. I prefer using hdin, windy, shaman, trap sin, etc. to do runs since im not use to sorc's.

9. Jell-O

Jell-O IncGamers Member

I recommend you keep doing this, clearing the worldstone keep will result in plenty of nice items which makes it worth running, even if it takes you a little longer.
    You could still rejoin with your sorc later for baal.

10. BobCox2

BobCox2 IncGamers Member

I'm Cooling With Jell-O here
    :D