Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is this a good idea?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Derrick1001, May 9, 2005.

1. Derrick1001

Derrick1001 IncGamers Member

Is this a good idea?

I found my first facet the other day, 4/5. I'm wondering what to put it in. I've got a very low enchantress right now (who at the moment can't enchant :) ) and I'm thinking the facet is going to go to her. Now, I've got some Ormus robes with +3 to enchant. To those who have made an enchantress, are the robes a good end game gear, or will I just be using it for prebuffing at some point?

Any help there, and general enchantress tips welcome. (Yes I've read the guide).

edit-fire facet :)

2. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

Well, that one facet isn't going to make or break your character. More likely than not you won't notice a difference between having it and not having it.

3. farting bob

farting bob Banned

I agree ith Nf, its not going to be that noticeable. for example, if you do 1000 fire damage with enchant and hit a monster with 50 fire res, sticking this facet in with boost your damage to 1050 and lower there res to 45.
    So in real terms instead of doing 500 damage, you will do 577.5. (effective boost of 15.5% boost to damage)
    So not really much difference.
    EDIT: my calculations were for a 5/5 facet, not a 4/5. so the difference is less than what i said.

4. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

Well, technically you'll get the most advantage out of using a Facet on a char that does the most damage in that element. Take, for example, a Meteor/FB sorc. I have no clue what damage levels are, so lets say that she does 10k fire damage VS 3k with your enchantress. With the Meteorb, the extra 4% adds 400 damage whereas your enchantress will do an extra 120 damage. The same thing applies for the -resists as well.

But all of that isn't the point of the game - or at least, not the whole point of the game. The point is to have fun! So, if you like the enchantress and want her to more powerful, then go for it!

5. Cattleya

Cattleya IncGamers Member

Now, on the the original question of the Ormus' Robes. :) It could be an end-game armor, but you could probably do better. Vipermagi has resists, +1 all skills, more FCR (important for teleport), and MDR (especially useful if you use Energy Shield). Ormus will boost your damage a bit, but that isn't an Enchantress's biggest problem.

As for socketing the facet, I would wait until you see if you need something else in that socket. You may find that the socket has better uses, such as a PDiamond for AR, a PRuby for life, or a jewel for resists or IAS.

There are several enchantress variations, which one are you aiming for? (Ranged, 1-H, 2-H?)

6. skoolbus

skoolbus IncGamers Member

what is your enchant damage? people are putting it pretty low, so if its 20k ish that might make a difference, I dont know
    On a sidenote, should I put my 3/3 fire facet in my +3 18% fire eschuta's? I do 5-6k FB and 10k-11k meteor

7. TopHatCat64

TopHatCat64 IncGamers Member

I think you'd be better off just using it for prebuffing, it's what I use my +3/15% Ormus for on my enchantress. The Enchantress doesn't have the benefit of defiance, natural resist, wereform, etc. to help out in melee so everything on her is going to be geared towards survival really. I use a Lionheart on mine but I'll probably switch that out for Stone at some point for the hit recovery.

Prebuff for damage, Gear for survival.

Also when you get to hell lvl in the maggot lair, no fire immunes, you can handle monsters one at a time, and the only ranged attacker is the pitiful poison attack from the maggots.

8. kabal

kabal IncGamers Member

+% Fire/lightning damage does absolutely nothing for a sorc, since it just adds on to the % given by masteries. With +300% damage from fire mastery, a perfect fire facet would make that +305% damage, which is just barely an increase of 1% in damage. The -fire resist could help, but I still think there's better things to fill your sockets with.

9. Derrick1001

Derrick1001 IncGamers Member

Thanks for the help guys. Man, I didn't know the facet was so worthless :lol: Oh well, the more you know.

10. Dodgydave

Dodgydave IncGamers Member

Your max enchant damage should be somewhere around 10k when prebuffed and an average of around 8k. Not sure about the accuracy of those numbers since it's been a while since I played my enchantress.

Since moonsters have universal 50% resistance in hell. -5% will drop that to 45%. So instead of taking 4k average damage they'll take 4400 damage. And that's not factoring in the marginal increae from the 4% added damage. So the facets not completely useless.

11. GooberGrape

GooberGrape IncGamers Member

It's actually quite valuable, just not on a sorc. A fire druid, for example, might make quite a use for it. It might totally rule in a Kuko. Or you might be able to trade it to somebody. Important thing is, you found a facet, and those dang things are rare.

-GG

12. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

As far as I know the damage the facet adds is on the same level as fire mastery, for example. So, if you have 100% extra damage due to FM, with the facet you'd have 105%. The - resistance is better for sorcs but it's still not much.

Now, if you've got a character without masteries I think the +5% fire damage /-5% resis might make a bigger difference. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, though... :D