Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is this a fair fight?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Dirty_Zulu, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Dirty_Zulu

Dirty_Zulu IncGamers Member

Is this a fair fight?

Death at my feet

...More than anything. it demonstrates my manner and method of hunting dangerous game. Rather than shooting the great and noble beast into oblivion from a safe distance, my clients and I choose instead to walk up and give the animal a choice of how he is to die in battle.

Looks like most of the situations he corners the animal and provoke it to attack. He does have some big f'ing bullets and balls to go near a hippo. :thumbsup:

2. HAMC8112

HAMC8112 IncGamers Member

Hence the name, Nitro express 600.

3. raffster

raffster IncGamers Member

This is sad. I am almost tearful as a write this response. What did the hippo do to get killed? I take it the hippo was being killed just for mere fun. Pathetic. I feel like shooting the hunter. Man, indeed, is the worst of all monsters.

If he wants to fight fair he should drop the gun and fight with a really sharp knife, at the most.

4. skihard

skihard Banned

looks like one of those hippos was running away from him. if he truly wants to impress he should only use a knife he made himself not a BFG like that.

I see raff agrees with the knife only

5. Raistlin Majere

Raistlin Majere IncGamers Member

Fair? Hell no. If he wants far, he can be dropped off in the jungle with nothing but a knife, make spears, and stalk the creature for days before making his move.

Cornering a big game animal? dumb idea. This guy is gonna die a violent death, soon.

6. DrunkCajun

DrunkCajun Banned

Here's hoping!

7. HAMC8112

8. DrunkCajun

DrunkCajun Banned

So, HAM, what would you suggest would be a fair fight? Clearly in this case the hippo didn't really stand much of a chance, did it? Or does the hippo somehow have a fair way to counter artillery like that?

9. Garbad_the_Weak

Garbad_the_Weak IncGamers Member

Personally I think someone should put the word in the street Mr. Hunter will give his fortune to anyone who can stalk and kill him in his house. Of course, don't tell Mr. Hunter they are coming. See how he likes getting stalked in his home against superior firepower.

Garbad

10. Raistlin Majere

The fact is, any dolt can shoot a kill something cornered. no skill or talent required. Fight it on an open area alone with a spear or sword, and survive, I'll give him some credit.

11. Dirty_Zulu

Dirty_Zulu IncGamers Member

Well any dolt can shoot an animal at 200+yard with even less of an effort. The animal might just be chewing on some grass and *pow!!!*....

12. Raistlin Majere

Wrong, at 200+ yard you need to adjust for distance and wind resistance. your average .50 cal muzzle-loader has lost its punch outside of 60 yards. Not to mention that is out of range of a Shotgun.

13. HAMC8112

I think that fair doesnt come into it, going in with a knife against a hippo or a 800 kilo cape buffalo would be plain stupid. Both of them will turn you in to minced meat in 3 sec's and than some.

Fair is all nice when fighting in a ring or on the tatami and stuff, but in real life and death situations as these hunting party's are fair will just get you killed.

Shooting the hippo with an light caliber rifle is also plain stupid, chances are he'll get mad and bite you into 3 pieces. I think they are using the nitro express 600, made to shoot elephants and the like, doesnt really seem like overkill to me.

A guy i knew long ago used to be a hunter for the state of Kenia iirc, overthere between 25.000 and 50.000 elephants were shot every year, because there were to many of them. In 2 man teams they'd walk up to a group of elephants and stand in the middle of the group. Each carrying a nitro 600 and some bullets, with some carefull placing they would sometimes shoot 2 elephants with 1 bullet. Talking penetration and stopping power, that Nitro 600 is truly amazing.

In the video, one of the first hippo's they shoot iirc they shoot right trough him, that may seem to much for you but i assure you standing there upclose to the hippo will give you a different picture.

When i say "Bambi Syndrome", does that mean anything to you?

14. Raistlin Majere

The fact the it clearly goes through the critter makes it overkill. Its like killing a mouse with a hammer.
    Being a hunter, I kill "Bambi" on a yearly basis. Tastes good too.:thumbsup:

15. HAMC8112

16. DrunkCajun

DrunkCajun Banned

Well, HAM, the title of the thread is "Is this a fair fight?" So we seem to agree--it is not a fair fight.

17. Raistlin Majere

18. NightShade

NightShade IncGamers Member

Humans aren't really adept at fighting fair....

We're not horribly strong or fast, but we are ingenuitive..Most of us.

Now, Bruce Lee vs a Gorilla thread gets revive go!

19. HAMC8112

Indeed we agree, it is not fair. As i tried to say before, in life and death situations, being fair will get you killed = stupid.

20. HAMC8112

I am sure they are, but compared to that .60 they lack some, figure of speech ofcourse.